Excuses

"Let's get out of here before I jump out of the window and make sure never to wake," I warn my friends who have come to meet me. I am bored. These four walls seem to eat me up and rather slowly,which intensifies the frustration.

They look at each other and with only a single nod from them,makes me smile. Alright. I was yet to get discharged but when ones happiness is on stake,no one thinks straight.

"Alright,take something off from each one of us and give it to her so she does not stand out," says the smart Samantha. After ten minutes,I am in clothes with different owners and with the uneasiness still stuck in my throat,I wear them.

"Lana,walk out first and check for the clearance, Kiera stay behind with Sofim,Clare come with me to hold back the nurses who are coming in in few minutes. Tamara,and Nareep help Kiera handle the situation. Alright, let's do this!" Samantha says. She is the best. We nod and are ready to leave but then,we get a visitor. An unexpected one.

"Who is Sofim here?" The person with the huge bouquet of flowers,say looking around. I raise my hand. He looks at me and hands me the flowers. "Get well soon."  The card inside it read. We are surprised because the name of the sender is not given but then I think I know who is it from. "Screw the flowers! Let's get going!" I say and they are least bothered by this. I smile when they just shrug.

We are nearly caught when Lana knocks over a vase and it crashes on the floor. Nurses come running but leaving a few curses behind though not for us,cats.

I automatically put my hands over my eyes trying to adjust to the sudden exposure to this much light. The nine of us are panting and it feels wonderful to be out again. "Let's go crack our voices!" I offer feeling the urge to sing really strong. "Okay," Tamara says. It was her favourite thing.

"I can't believe we did this despite your state," Nareep says. "I agree but then disagree at the same time. I do worry about you but this situation was fifty-fifty and I just followed my heart," Kiera reasons. "Yes,yes I am the one blame here," I say. "Nah. You are just the reason," Clare said. This earns her a fit of laughter from us. "That made sense," Tamara says.

"Where is Sam?" I ask when I find her missing from the group. "She went to get you something," Lana says and since she knows where were headed to,we walk into the karaoke.

"Alright. English songs. Which one?" Nareep asked. We end up singing everything on queue. Sam returns with Ice creams.

*******************

"Nah don't come. You know my mama. She will probably kill all of you walk to jail with pride," I  remind them. "Alright, then good night. Take care Sofim. We need you," Kiera says. "Bye guys. Thank you for today," I say and bow to them making them snort.

We were now back to hospital. They insisted on entering but I refused because I hated the thought of them facing the music for my actions. It would be unfair.

I turn around to leave but stop when someone calls out my name,"Sofim." "We are always with you." This is a chorus and the lump forming in my throat is going to get in into trouble. I smile at them and walk inside.

"Sofim Lepcha! Do you realize the consequences of your immature behaviour?!" Mother screams and I could tell the doctors and the nurses had already received slot so I mouth a sorry to them. "Sorry mama,I won't do it again," I say. It was the truth.

******************

"Doctor, is she getting better?"  "Yes. She is alright, physically but psychologically no. We are done with our treatment but she still needs therapy from a psychiatrist." " Why does she need that? I mean she did not get into depression as far as I know."
"Her case is different. She has suffered but it seems to have collided with the accident and now since the concussion is fine,her memory losses have not stopped so we need to take precautions. Just talk to her. Every person who is depressed person sulks or cries. Some smile."
" Thank you doctor. Will her memories return?" "We'll see."