Damn! I miss her.

Jake

Shoot. Only a month has gone since I came and already an activity begins. A camp? We crossed that age of camping right? I never went to one and I don't plan on going but then just idea of her makes me wonder. I wanted to break that shell of hers. It was going to be fun. No I'll intentions but she manages to pull my strings.

"Mom,school has organised a camp and they want me to go. Should I?" I ask testing her. "Yes! Of course you should go," she smirks. I laugh at her reaction because I know it too well. She thinks I will make friends. Well,that's a mother's concern but I am actually fine without them. Am I?

Tomorrow I was going to make her speak. It would definitely be hard but nothing goes in trying. "Good night."I know I am using her as an excuse to come out of my loneliness but I am mere human.

Walking to school feels new all of a sudden. I am nervous! Students are filling up the buses and I find my homeroom bus. I know no one. Where is she? I think she is late and save a seat for her. Her friend already has a partner. "Can I sit here?" I look up to see a girl looking down at me. I shake my head. "It's reserved," I say. She makes an o face and leaves. Many try as well but I don't want that. Why is she not here?!

"Um, excuse me? Sofim,where is she?" I ask after almost an hour of waiting. Her friend,I don't know her name, says,"She is not coming." "Why?" "I don't know. She just does not like crowds," she says and I let it be.

Suddenly this entire thing seems pointless. I am not going. Unfortunately,the bus has already started and I cannot get off. I plan on telling the teacher after we reach. I was going lie and for her. I shrug off the changes in me that's wrapping itself around my neck telling me it's foreign.

I rush to my teacher as soon as we reach the destination and this place is beautiful but I fail to see its beauty.
I am allowed to go home but there was one last thing I must do before heading back. "Um, sorry I don't know your name," I say when she turns around on me tapping her back. "It's Arial." "Hey, Arial. Can you help me one last time? I wanted Sofim's number. Can I have it? It's not for bad intentions I swear," I plead. She gives me without any hesitation. Wow .

************************************

"Hello? Good morning ma'am. May I speak to Sofim? Oh no, I am her desk partner and I wanted to ask her few things. Oh, it's not important but may I know where she is?" I plead and I swear,I sound desperate. Was it my tone that convinced her? Maybe.

"Sofim you are seriously wicked. How could you even think of doing this?" I think. She sure was an odd ball. I don't unpack for I would be leaving tomorrow.  I had her number now. Should I call? Nah. She will probably kill me through the phone.  I knew that much.

*********

This place was amazing. It is worth spending these four day break. No wonder a person like Sofim had come here. There are too many people here but thankfully I do not feel the wired feeling of being stared at. I look around and I am sure by now Sofim must have come to know of my intention of calling her home. Taking a deep breath I text her.

Me: Where are you?
Sofim: what do you need?
Me: I am here
Sofim: earth? I know that. Be specific.
Me: Here!

God! Why was it so difficult to strike a conversation with her? I look up to the tree she had mentioned and bingo, she is there. The wind blows and she ascends from her hideout.

" Hi," I say. She just nods. I know she is not so keen on seeing me here but a little enthusiasm would have been appriciated. Again, whom am I expecting from?

I register myself and then the tent time came. I don't know how to make this but Sofim helps with me with mine. She is a good teacher and our tents are side by side. Her' s is olive green in colour and mine deep blue.

While sitting on the grass she suggests on climbing the tall hill over the end of the meadow. My legs were killing me but I wouldn't want to miss anything with her. It was high time I had a best friend. So I say ok.

How is she able to walk that fast? I mean she said that she was not into sports and here I am an athlete tired till the last cell but she seems fine or is she hiding it. I had heard many rumours about her and I was itching to confirm them but self control was winning.

When we are half way through it, she starts recording our climb. "Hi, this is Sofim..." This girl can smile. Why does she hide? I am going to make her smile more often. It was going to be my last wish before I leave. Yes, I have to leave. It's not like I have any choice. My days are numbered.

Suddenly,the camera is on me and she says something about desk partner. I hate that phrase from her.
I say that she must smile often but this seems to anger her for she immediately stops doing it and I regret it.

We decide to end our climb half way. It was too much for us. I gave up but she did it in an honourable manner. Considering it for almost five minutes.

Heading towards dinner was also another bad decision. I met someone whom I thought of never seeing again. Angel. She was my elementary crush and even now her presence seems to affect me. I hope that Sofim does not realize my blush. She would tease me to death. But I find her looking at me with mirth in her eyes. Great! Angle is as beautiful as ever and I still strutter in front of her. " "Hey,Angel." " Hi,Jake," she says and she as shocked as I am. Somebody is enjoying this. We talk for few more minutes and when she is called upon I feel relieved. Huh?

"Good night,Angle." "Good night Jake."  "So, what are you doing?" I ask Sofim who has literally poked her head out and is grinning at me. It was new. "Nothing." "Sleep tight," I say and walk inside my tent without waiting for an answer. I close my eyes. I am tired and I should sleep now but I cannot.  I am thinking now. What you ask? Things.

Damn! I missed her.  Whom did I miss? I don't want to leave now. I was fine with this at first but now why do I keep wanting to cling onto this life? I should probably go without causing disturbance. That's the only way.

*Please, do comment. And you may ask questions but I will answer them in the end. Thank you.