Chapter 9

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It is evening, Naruto is lying in a bed in a room above the restaurant. Akio sits in the restaurant with his parents and grandmother and tells how he found Naruto. Gladiolus hits the bar in rage.

Gladiolus: How could they do that?!

Rise puts her arms on Gladiolus's arm.

Rise: Honey calm down. You will wake Naruto when you are so loud.

Akio and his father look at Rise with an deadpan expression.

Akio: You sent him into a coma with your food, he doesn't wake up until tomorrow morning.

Sakae puts her tea on the counter and looks at Akio.

Sakae: Akio, did this really happen? Did everyone in Naruto's village hate him for something that isn't even in him?

Akio nods and you can feel the hatred that comes from the two women. Gladiolus crosses his arms.

Gladiolus: I am in favor of going there and beating them up a bit.

While the two women agree, Akio shakes his head and stops them.

Akio: That's not a good idea. I had talked to Naruto about it before, but he said that one day he would like to return there and that he would take care of it himself. I think we should respect his wish.

Gladiolus sighs and scratchs his head.

Gladiolus: If this is his wish.

Rise: Then we should respect that.

Sakae sighs and pouts.

Sakae: Fine. In my time, the entire Sato family came together in such cases and beat up these people.

Rise looks at her mother in confusion.

Rise: We still do that. We just didn't have to do it for a couple of years.

The family laughs when Sapphire flies into the room and sits on Akio's shoulder.

Akio: Yet again?

Sapphire screams and nods. Akio sighs and gets up. Rize raises an eyebrow and looks at him in confusion.

Rise: What's going on?

Akio: At this time, Naruto always gets violent nightmares. I try to calm him down every time.

Rise's mother mode activates and she walks past Akio.

Akio: Mom?

Rise: I will take care of that.

Rise goes up the stairs and opens the door to Naruto's room. He turns in bed and breathes heavily. Flow and Raynir look at Naruto with concern. Rise sits on the bed and runs her hand through Naruto's hair. Naruto calms down a bit, but he's still restless. Rise takes off her shoes and lies down next to Naruto. She puts her arms around him and pull him closer to her. She caresses him on the back and he calms down.

Rise: Everything is fine Naru-kun, I'm here.

Naruto hugs her and says in his sleep.

Naruto: Thank you kaa-san.

Rise smiles and decides to sing an old lullaby for him.

Naruto is now very calm. Rise smiles, kisses his forehead and falls asleep.

---Timeskip---

Naruto wakes up and sees the rise lying next to him. She also wakes up and smiles.

Rise: Good morning, Naru-kun.

He smiles and hugs her.

Naruto: Morning kaa-san, thank you for yesterday.

Rise: You noticed that?

Naruto: I was half asleep.

Rise laughs and gets up.

Rise: Let's go have breakfast.

Naruto nods and follows her down to the restaurant, the two see the rest of the family sitting at the table and having breakfast. Rise goes to her husband and kisses him. Gladiolus looks at Naruto and smiles.

Gladiolus: Good Morning Naruto, how are you?

Naruto: Good morning tou-san, I'm fine.

Akio smiles and takes a sip out of his mug.

Akio: I see that you accepted the two as your parents.

Naruto holds his arm, embarrassed

Naruto: Yeah sorry about yesterday, I just didn't want to get hurt again.

Gladiolus: It's okay Naruto. How about your getting to know the rest of the family?

Naruto: I would like to do that.

After the family has finished breakfast, they set out to meet the rest of the family. Naruto has also met a few children with whom he plays. After a while the children go and Naruto sets off, but he runs into someone. It is a young girl with orange hair, fox ears on her head and a fox tail. Naruto helps her up and apologizes.

Naruto: I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I'm going.

???: Heheh, it's okay. My name is Senko, I am here with my family to celebrate with the Sato family.

Naruto smiles.

Naruto: My name is Naruto Sato, nice to meet you. Would you want to play with me?

Senko smiles and nods.

Senko: Sure.

The two play for a while until Naruto's family comes. He introduces Senko to them and they quickly get on well. Naruto and Senko have fun until evening. In the middle of the city is a dance around the fire. Naruto's parents and Senko's parents dance with each other and have fun. Senko sits with Naruto and Akio at the side and watch the action.

Akio: Naruto, there is nothing nicer for our family than traveling, but there is one thing more important for us.

Senko: What is it Akio-san?

Akio: Family.

Senko gets up, takes Naruto's hand and pulls him with her.

Senko: Come on Naruto let's dance.

Naruto laughs and smiles.

Naruto: Okay, okay.

To be continued.