Chapter 17 A day outside

As the morning began and the sun came up slowly Kokichi woke up. He tried to check the time so he reached for Shuichi's watch that he had taken off the previous night. He checked the time and they were a little late but they could still manage being if they both start dressing now, so he started to gently tap on Shuichi's shoulder.

Kokichi: Shuichi, wake up!-he said gently and after a few  times or him saying that the taller wakes up very confused.

Shuichi: What's going on?- he said still half a sleep while rubbing his eyes.

Kokichi: Good morning to you too.- he said sarcastically.

Shuichi: Oh yeah, sorry. Morning.

Kokichi: Ok then, we should get dressed we are already kinda late and we don't wanna make mom worried.- they did that and then almost ran to the spaceship.

Kirumi: Is everything ok? You're late...- she said worried.

Kokichi: Sorry mom we fell asleep.- Miu was about to say something but quickly Tsumugi covered the ultimate inventor's mouth and Shuichi nodded thanking her.

Kirumi: Well then, breakfast is ready.

They ate then went back outside to work not even talking to their friends.  The only part they really could help whit was not letting Kibbo and Gonta get lost, for that reason Kibbo suggest to Shuichi for him to try and investigate about the plants in the area. It was a good idea, it kept the taller off his head and at the end of the day he gathered a small plant to investigate later. It looked like a small bush it didn't have much leafs tho it was mostly flowers, the leafs had little black spikes and the most of it was black as well expect the flowers that were different shades of reds and warm colors. It was the first time he had seen a flower like this and it amazed him, before he took it out of the dirt he grabbed a Polaroid and took some photos, ones of just the plant and other comparing the size to other things, after he attached those to his notebook and finally then got the tools to take it out and carefully, so he wouldn't hurt himself whit the spikes he took it out and putted it in a vase. After all of that he used the walkie talkies, to see if someone could put it in his research lab.

Shuichi: Hey Kaito, I found an alien spices, I need you to put it in my lab could you do me that favor? I can't go in right now.

Kaito: Sure bro! I can't go right now tho I need to finish something.

Shuichi: Oh cool, I'm going to let it here just come pic it up when you can, just try to not get pricked.

Kaito: Ok dude, I will.

Shuichi: Thanks bro!

Kaito: No need to thank me, I'll gladly help my sidekick!!

He dropped the pot at the door and went back to work. At lunch time they decided to eat outside to save time,  then they went back to work only stopping at 5 pm. Kibbo went inside while the other 3 went looking for bugs, they found many which made Gonta really happy! It was an overall good day but when it came around dinner time something was off, what Kirumi said in the walkie talkies was ood.

Kirumi: Shuichi, Kokichi and Gonta do you mind eating outside today?- since they were all together, they diced then Shuichi spoke for everyone.

Shuichi: Yeah sure we don't see a problem whit that.

Kirumi: Ok great, Kibbo will bring you the food.

Kokichi: Mom is everything ok?

Kirumi: Yeah, why wouldn't be?

Shuichi: Whit all respect Kirumi you sound off, is really everything ok?

Kirumi: I'll explain later don't be alarmed, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. But well Kibbo has your food, he will be there in a second.