c o l o r s XIII

Sungjin was walking through the hall and trying to find main doctor but he just couldn't. Suddenly, only for second, someone crossed his sight. This someone was higher than him, had thin, cat alike, eyes and dark shortcut. He was in white coat and was holding the papers that his nurse gave him. Something about his eyes made him remember something. They looked familiar. The flashbacks hit Sungjin.

"What are you gonna do? Huh"
said one guy with a laugh. 3 boys ganged up on the little one that didn't do anything about it. Sungjin wasn't sure why he didn't resist to them.

They beated him up, left him breathless but little boy didn't say anything. It looked like he was used to it. But Sungjin couldn't understand why. So for the sake of curiousity he approached another.

"Hello... I want to help you. Oh, I'm Sungjin and you?"
Asked boy as he looked at him with hidden smile. The little glared at him with eyes full of pain but they were as cold as winter air.

"Younghyun."
Answered other. Sungjin had snacks with him in his orange backpack so he gave it to another. Boy had scars and dirt all over his body and face. Sungjin looked at him, something about his tone and appearance make his desire to help another stronger.

"Why don't you feel yourself down, if I were you I'll beat them up or cry at least"
Questioned Sungjin as he fixed younger's collar. Younghyun just looked at the brick wall behind them. They were behind the building where Younghyun lived. Sungjin's parents were living next to the building. And playground was near so Sungjin walked around the street. Only now he noticed the little boy who was violently beaten up.

"I'm used to it, Sungjin. They will do it next time to. How much I cried or resisted, it didn't have results. So I gave up, not only on resisting but on feeling. Do you feel happy when other kids are interested in you? Are happy when you see puppy who wants to play with you? Do you feel your heart pounding whenever you see a girl that gives you pretty flowers from field near the orphans' house? Are you pleased when you have good grade for class or exam? Are you sad when film has sad ending? Are you on verge of crying when someone you loved died? Do you feel angry when someone is not doing something you asked? Do you laugh when something funny happens? Yes? Well I don't"
Explained Younghyun while Sungjin looked at him confused. Words rang into Sungjin's ears.

That little boy made Sungjin who he is now. The desire to help grew bigger and bigger, now he experiments on helping to people who suffer with hard mental conditions, such as alexithymia. 

"Sungjin-ssi? Hello!"
Smiled Amber as they shook hands. Sungjin was surprised someone knew them even though they were from another building. Two buildings where connected with hall between them. Jimin has already told almost everyone about him.

"Oh hello Mrs. I'm new here. I noticed someone walking here, can you tell me who was it?"
Asked Sungjin as he smile awkwardly.

"Discribe him or her."

"High, black short hair, eyes that resemble cat's ones."

"We have a lot like them. Do you remember any other signs?"

"I think his name is Younghyun"

"Brian? Oh he's surgeon, do you know him?"

"I think I did. Heard about him."

"Well, I'll tell him that you asked about him"
Smiled Amber and walked away.

That day was peaceful enough for Sungjin. He was responsible and tried to not worry much about first day. No one distracted him and day went nice because known medics didn't ask about him. The day was quite cold. Clouds covered sun and the place he was living in looked non-vibrant. Sungjin's eyes filled with fog. He was walking on the street making his way to his apartment. Street continued into small yard where some of houses and apartments were. It was 6pm and kids were still playing around while their parents chatted sitting on benches.

He noticed two guys walking down the path near semi-park. One of them was higher that another and he had dark hair with blondish locks. Another guy had kinda curled black hair. They talked busily and giggled at something every time. Sungjin's vision followed them until they reached the house near the place he was walking. Soon enough he reached his own apartment. He threw himself on coach lazily and started thinking about two guys earlier. Something about them tattooed in his head. He couldn't hide curiosity.

Unwillingly face of little bruised boy pupped up in his head. His eyes, half teary but emotionless, haunt him since this day.

After the meeting in the backside he severely caught Younghyun in his eyesight. The boy was usually just straying around the yard of orphans' house. He walked around with pen and notebook. And scratched something on the papers while looking at other gangs enjoying their childhood. He would let his imagination sink in those thick papers. The pen he stick around was so cheap that it seemed like it wasn't writing so boy had to blow on it. It was really entertaining to see how boy's cheeks grew bigger and rounder as they went slightly pink.

Girls were avoiding him and also did others. The boy was so used to being alone that he didn't try to talk to others. Only passion he had was that precious papers he kept and music. This boy had really sweet voice, sad that no one acknowledged this because he was quiet. Sungjin didn't understand him so the curiosity always bothered his mind. That's the reason he wanted to befriend him.

Evening wind made Sungjin shiver. It was hitting his face while he dreamt about tomorrow. He wasn't afraid about things he would mess up. Sungjin tried to be confident in what he was doing. Man was determined to help and cure Younghyun at all cost.