The Big Race

Rainbow Dash's POV-

       I woke up, extremely tired. I looked around to see Fluttershy sleeping on my shoulder, I then looked at my leg, it was  still wrapped. Today was the race! Finally! Soon everyone started to wake up, "h-hey Rainbow." Fluttershy yawned.

"Hey! Excited for the race?" I asked.

"Yep" she said quietly. It was around 10 am when we woke up and the principals had already fixed the track. Luckily Granny Smith, AppleJacks Grandmother, came with breakfast for the students. After we ate, the principals announced to head to the race track. We all got up and started walking outside, woah the race track was... Awesome!! Sunset, Twilight, AppleJack, and I, set up our places. We grabbed our rods, 4 people from each group stood at their places. On the CHS team, Twilight was going first. "3, 2, 1 GO!" Said Principal Cadance.

Twilight started running and passed the rod to AJ, then AJ got to Sunset Shimmer, Sunset Shimmer ran and gave the rod to me. I ran as fast as I could, in the crowd I heard Fluttershy say "Go Rainbow!". When I finally got to the finish line, it had felt like I was running forever! "CHS wins the friendship games!" Principal Celestia said smiling. YES! We won! We all have a group hug and Granny Smith brought the cider and pies, And Pinkie Pie finally came back, I think she left yesterday for party stuff! She set off her Party cannons, but In the corner of my eye I saw Fluttershy running of crying. I ran quickly followed her into the hall. "What wrong Fluttershy?"

"Crystal Prep ridiculed me when I cheered for you..." I said crying softly.

"You know what, the people at CHS love you. Just remember that. People at Crystal Prep can go to hell!"

"Thank you.." she said smiling. She looked up into my eyes, I could see the innocence. I leaned in and kissed her, I felt something, something amazing. Her lips were so soft, I never wanted to leave. I put my hands in her hair, it's smelt like coconuts on a beach day. Fluttershy pulled away "u-uh I have to go.." she said walking away. Oh Rainbow what have you done, I leaned against the wall and sat down slowly. After 5 minutes I stood up and walked back outside. I was eating some pie and drinking some cider when AJ came over, "What wrong Dash?" She said in her accent.

"I-i did something stupid.." I said with my hands around my neck.

"What did you do?"

"I-I kissed Fluttershy..."

"Oh.. my." I felt embarrassed that she blew me off. I also felt mad that I had only met her yesterday and had a crush on her. "Sugarcube just go talk to her, ask her to just be friends."

"Ok, I will. Thanks AJ." I said as I walked off to find Fluttershy. I went all across the school, and I couldn't find her anywhere. The last place I was going to check was the bathroom, I went in and heard crying. "Fluttershy?" I said as I knocked on the stall door. "Look I'm sorry, l-l shouldn't have kissed you." She opened the stall door and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry. It's just that..w-we are in rival schools and I'm scared of what would happen..." She said looking at the floor. I lifted up her chin, "you don't have to be sorry for anything."

"Can we just be friends? Maybe we can try again in the future?" She asked. Her first sentence broke me, but the second gave me a little hope.

"Yeah, here my number so we can keep in contact, after you l-leave.." I said, we exchanged our numbers and headed back outside. Fluttershy and the rest of my friends exchanged numbers. Then Crystal prep got on their bus and left. I had to admit, I was kind of hurt.