Chapter 41: Victory and Death

Ahsoka, Darrel and Rex stand trapped in the medical bay of a Star Destroyer, as the clone troopers continue to cut through the door.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Rex asked as he put on his helmet.

"I have an idea." Ahsoka said.

"Which is?" Rex asked.

"Just set your pistols to stun. We're not trying to kill anyone else."  Ahsoka said.

"Yeah, tell that to them!" Rex said.

They stand ready, with Ahsoka waiting until the cutting is complete. As soon as the cuts converge, Ahsoka pushes the door back with the Force, then deflects blaster fire along with Darrel, as Rex stuns his former squadmates.

"R7, find us a path out of here!" Ahsoka ordered.

R7 closes several blast doors cutting off most of the troopers.

"Alright, now what?" Rex asked.

"The escape pods have been destroyed. Taking a shuttle is our best bet." Ahsoka responded.

"Let's get going!" Darrel said.

They started walking as Rex looked down on the stunned troopers.

"The boys are having a rough time of it. Did you hear Maul also escaped?" Rex asked.

"He didn't, we let him out!" Ashoka said.

"What? Why?" Rex asked.

"Diversion, come on!" Ahsoka said.

Meanwhile, Maul walks toward the hyperdrive room, still using a clone trooper's wrist comm to listen in on their radio chatter. Over the radio, one of the clones reports to Jesse that Tano has escaped. Jesse asks about Rex and is told he is missing in action. He asks if Rex has aided in Tano's escape, but they don't know. Two troopers round the corner and train their guns at Maul who lifts them into the air, choking them.

Maul enters the hyperdrive room, quickly and violently dispatching the clone troopers with the Force. He tears the control console away, then uses the Force to pull the hyperdrive generators down. On the bridge, an officer tells the captain that the hyperdrive is failing. More troopers enter the hyperdrive room but are crushed by the falling debris. The vessel drops out of lightspeed over a moon.

Ahsoka, Darrel and Rex enter hangar control, stunning the officers.

"The hanger bay doors are sealed." Rex said.

"They've got everything locked down!" Darrel said.

"If they weren't trying to kill us, I'd be proud." Rex said.

"R7, start unlocking the doors on bay 12!  Cheep, prep the shuttle. G-G, find out what happened to the ship!" Ahsoka said as the Droids got to work.

Then R6 approached Darrel asking what he should do.

"R6, keep a lookout!" Darrel said.

R6 went to stand guard outside the hanger control room as instructed.

In the control room, G-G tells Rex the hyperdrive has been completely destroyed.