Brother Dearest

''I don't know why you felt the need to bring him here.'' Alec spoke to Clary in a low voice as Sebastian walked behind them while Katherine, fury burning in her walked on Alec's other side towards Magnus's loft.

''We need all the help we can get.''

Katherine was about to enter the loft when Alec pulled her back  by the hand  ''Oh.''  his eyes took in the wards that she hadn't seen at the first glance. ''Whoa.Whoa.Whoa.Wards are up.'' Sebastian had his arm in front of her.

Katherine looked at the wards in confusion ''How did he do this?'' Clary looked at her and had the same amount of confusion written on her face ''You said Valentine wouldn't have this kind of warlock  power.'' she spared the blonde male a glance ''Yeah.As always he defies expectations....look we're gonna need you.'' Sebastian patted Clary's arm for  emphasis.

The younger girl looked at Katherine who gave her an encouraging smile which was filled with a sense of urgency  before Clary pulled out her stele and drew a rune on the wards that disappeared as soon as she had drawn it, making Katherine frown in confusion.

Alec shared a look with her ''Try again.''

''I can't make it work.'' Clary kept her eyes on the wards ''Yes, you can.'' Katherine's eyes went to Sebastian when he said that as the younger girl again tried to draw the rune only for it to disappear....again

Before Katherine or Alec could say anything, Sebastian grabbed Clary's forearms ''Tell me what it feels like to have your entire family ripped away from you.'' The older girl looked at him in confusion and shock.

''What?''

Katherine and Alec shared a look ''That's enough.'' he grabbed the blonde's arm in warning ''Trust me on this, okay?'' Sebastian looked at the two ''Trust me.'' ''Look, your mother? She's never coming back.Jace is not your brother and as much as you call Kate your sister, she isn't your blood. You feel like you're all alone in this world, don't you?'' his voice softened at the end.

''Stop it!'' tears filled Clary's eyes and Katherine frowned in concern.

''No, feel it, Clary! Feel it.'' Sebastian shook her gently ''Your mother is never coming back.'' ''Don't-'' ''Your father will never love you.The only reason he wanted you was to use you.''

Katherine saw the tears shining in Clary's eyes but somehow those words made her think as if Sebastian himself was feeling them. Alec looked at her before looking at the male, confused and shocked at how easily those words came out of his mouth ''Sebastian, this isn't working.''

But he paid him no heed ''You wanted a brother  so badly  because then at least you'll have someone to share in the pain.''

''Stop it!''

''I can't stop it, Clary. That empty feeling that eats away at your soul and makes you feel like you want to die day after day after day it never stops.'' Katherine looked at Alec before looking at Clary who was in tears ''Now take that pain and use it.

The younger girl again turned to the wards and drew the rune and Katherine sighed in relief when the wards shattered before she, Alec and Sebastian threw the doors open.

''Kate!.''

Magnus and Valentine had obviously switched back in their own bodies and a portal was open as the two fought each other.

Katherine along with rest ran inside the loft, her hand went to one of her daggers and she threw it at Valentine's leg as Clary dragged him through the portal that closed behind the two, hopefully back to the Institute where he would again be in his cell.