Separate

''I ran some tests on Jonathan's blood.'' Izzy said as they all stood around a table that had some vials on it. ''The Heavenly fire serum caused a reaction that purged all of its demonic essence.'' she explained and Katherine tsked ''So injecting Jonathan will burn away all his demonic blood?''

Izzy nodded ''And his demonic connection with Clary.We finally found a way to separate you from your brother.'' she looked at Clary who had a look of amazement on her face.

''That's great news.'' Katherine chuckled in relief as Jace turned to look at Clary ''Yeah, it is and once we remove the twinning rune he won't have any influence over you.He won't be able to hurt you '' he pulled her in for a hug and the older twin smiled at them as Alec wrapped his arm around her waist, pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

''What will the injection do to him?'' Clary asked as she pulled away from the hug ''It will hurt, a lot.'' Izzy replied ''You will feel it too.But only until the connection breaks, after that, both of you will be fine.'' she assured.

Katherine smacked her lips and looked at Clary ''You ready?'' the Fairchild nodded ''Let's do it.'' The older Herondale's eyes went behind the red headed to where Luke was coming and Alec followed her gaze.

Clary had thrown herself at Luke and the two had a sweet father-daughter reunion which started an ache in Katherine's chest as she knew what has going to happen when she met Magnus. Alec noticed the look of pain on her face and interlaced their hands.

''We'll meet you downstairs.'' he patted Jace's shoulder before the couple and Izzy walked off.

~*~*~*~*~

Jonathan looked at Katherine  as the guards pulled him out of the body wrap and chains. ''Alec, don't kill him.'' she murmured as Izzy prepared the injections and Alec kept glaring at Jonathan ''I'd try not to.''

She chuckled and took his hand in her own, immediately relaxing his muscles '' Calm down.'' Katherine pressed a kiss to his cheek and Alec grinned at her, pulling her closer by the waist before pecking her lips.

''Let's get this over with.'' Katherine walked towards where Jonathan had been seated down in one chair and shackled his wrists to the chair's hand rest before  removing  his gag. He smiled at her ''You know...'' she tightened his shackles ''The way you keep smiling at me makes me think whether you do have a bit of humanity left.''

Jonathan chuckled and Alec stiffened ''Maybe.'' he shrugged and Katherine glared at him ''Or maybe not.'' she walked back to where Alec was and he protectively wrapped an arm around her waist while Izzy made the final preparations for the removal of the twining rune

Jace and Clary arrived a few moments later with Luke behind them and the Fairchild had settled in the chair besides Jonathan's. Katherine glared at the older Morgenstern as he continued to provoke Clary ''They are trying to tear us apart little sister.''

''I know.'' Clary replied back and the older Herondale snorted at the sass in her answer ''Well, you can still stop it.'' Jonathan leaned forward in his chair and his fear showed clearly on his face ''And you can shut up.'' Katherine snapped at him causing him to look at her in a vulnerable look.

''I don't want to.'' the Fairchild again said, taking Jonathan's attention off of Katherine and Alec loosened his grip on the chair's headset.

''Clary...you're making a terrible mistake...'' Jonathan started ''None of these people care about you the way that I care about you-'' ''Enough!'' Luke said the thing that was going through all of their minds ''Alec, gag him.''

Alec complied without a second thought, his body burning with fury as he tightened the gag around Jonathan's mouth and Katherine rubbed his back in a soothing manner, causing him to lean into her touch as Jonathan continued to plead with Clary.