17) zoo garden

Hope you guys are liking the book so far! 

Love ya

***

"I want to take a nap before the reception," I announce. We just finished eating- Me, Addalyn, Luca, and Rayan. "There's a small garden not too far, I was hoping to take you guys there," Rayan says. "Ooh, I'm in," Addalyn chimes in. 

She loves zoo gardens. Mostly because she gets to post a lot on her social media. 

"I guess I'm in too," Luca sighs. "Sure," I say with a shrug. 

"I'm just gonna text mom real quick," Addalyn tells me while Luca texts his mom as well. 

"Ok, we can go," Addalyn says once she gets a text back. "Me too," Luca confirms. "Great, let's go in my car," Rayan says, with a grin. 

We all go and get changed in our casual clothes and meet up to go to the zoo garden. 

***

On the way to the zoo garden, Ethan decides to call me. "Hey, what's up," I answer him. "Bitch! We need to talk! I have so much shit to tell you," Ethan squeals. "Calm down, I'm in the car right now," I say, earning weird looks from Addalyn and Luca. 

"It's Ethan," I inform them and they nod. "Ok and? Can't I just tell you now?" Ethan says. I can tell he's smiling so wide. "Can I text you?" I ask, calmly. "Fine," he sighs and we hang up.

Zoe: I'm the freaking car with a cute guy, Luca, and Addy

Ethan: Oh shit, why didn't you just say so smh

Zoe: Uh, I freaking tried but someone didn't freaking try to listen

Ethan: Talk later? Going out with Josh in a few mins

Zoe: Was that the exciting news?

Ethan: Kinda

Zoe: Ok, bye. Tell me later

Ethan: I will

***

"So fucking pretty," Addalyn gushes at the entrance. We just got to the zoo garden and I see some of the guests from the wedding here. "Zo, take some pics," Addalyn hands me her phone and she does a pose. "Zo? I remember when I made that one up in kindergarten," Luca says to me, referring to my nickname. He was standing close to me and I could feel his hot breath on me. "I remember that too," I whisper to him. 

"Hurry up! I want to be able to see the flowers before I get married," Addalyn motions for me to just take the picture.

"Sorry," I hand her phone over to her once I'm done.

Damn Luca, why do you gotta be so damn distracting. 

***

"Ok, my mom just called, we have to get going and get ready for the reception," Luca informs us. All I did the whole time was witness Rayan flirting with a clueless Addalyn. 

How can Addy tell if a guy's flirting with me but NOT tell if a guy is flirting with her? The fuck!

"Yeah, I just got a text from mine too," I say with a nod. 

"Yeah, I'll be right back with Addalyn. Carry on," Rayan says. I see him taking some pictures of Addy and I sigh. 

"You ok?" Luca asks once we find Rayan's car. "Sure," I say with a sigh. 

"You like him, don't you?" Luca asks me. "What?! No!" I say. "You like Rayan," Luca confirms.

Oh, he was talking about Rayan. Phew!

"Not really. I just think he's cute," I tell him. "So, if he asked you out what would you say?" Luca questions. "No chance of him asking me out. He's all over my twin who can't fucking realize he likes her and she should just tell him she's fucking taken," I grumble. "Ouch, you must really have feelings for him," Luca says with a smirk. "No, I fucking don't," I mutter.

"What no! I would never do that to Eli!" Addalyn shouts at Rayan who looks defeated. "Addy? You ok?" I ask when she comes over to Luca and me with a frown. "I'm fine," she says with a sigh. I give her a look that means you-better-tell-me-later. She understands it because she nods.

*** 

"He tried to fucking kiss me," Addalyn mumbled when we got to our hotel room. "What the fuck?" I answer. "I know! Like, I knew he was flirting with me this whole time but I thought he was smart enough to tell I wasn't interested," she sighs and flops on the bed. "Aw, I'm sorry. Meanwhile, Luca thinks I like Rayan," I grumble. "Even worse, he tried to get me to cheat on Eli!" Addalyn started sobbing and I tried to hug her. 

It looked like an awkward hug but I tried. 

"Addy, I'm sorry," I say, softly. "So, can you help me try to avoid him tonight? There's gonna be drinks served and I'm scared something might happen," she says, drying her tears. "Of course," I reply. "Ok, let's get dressed then," she replied. 

"Wait, where's mom & dad?" I asked. "They left a note. So old-schooled," Addy sighed and went to get the note our parents left. 

We're out to help Celia and Anthony. Make sure you're dressed up for the reception by the time we're back. 

- Love you, mom & dad. 

Vote/Comment, please <3