11) not true feelings

Luca's POV: 

Wednesday After-School~

It's officially been 2 weeks of tutoring Zoe. To be honest, I missed her. I missed her energy, her smile, and the fact that she laughs at everything- if she likes who she's with. At the moment, she hates me and I get it. I did a ton of bad shit to her and what I'm about to do will be worse. 

"So, how do you plan on doing your dare?" Rylan asks me. We were at my house and Rylan, Eli, and David was over. "The usual. Get in her pants and make her want me," I lie. 

I know that's not how Zoe usually rolls. It takes a long time to get on her good side. 

"Aren't you on her bad side right now? You can choose your girl if you want," David says. "I'm good," I assure him and he nods and takes a big sip of his beer. "Plus, your only saying that 'cause you want her, right?" I smirk at David. 

"She's hot bro," he scoffs. "So are the cheerleaders, go after them," I scoff back. "The cheerleaders are so picky about their food. They don't eat anything but grass," he rolls his eyes and we all cracked up. "Zoe seems like the type to have the best food choice," he adds. 

"She does," I blurt out. "How do you know?" Eli questions. "Dude, he tutors her," Rylan answers for me. I nod, thankful for Rylan. 

Eli phone rings and he picks it up. 

"It's Addalyn, I have to go," he explains and leaves. 

"That's why I'm staying single," Rylan says once Eli's gone. 

David left not too long ago and so it was just me and Rylan. 

"Dude why are you so pissed at David?" Rylan asks. "I'm not," I answer, dryly. "Yes, you were. At lunch, when David said he wanted to fuck Zoe, you looked like you wanted to punch the lights outta him," Rylan laughs. "Because he was being annoying," I reply. "Apparently, he's been annoying even since you've been hanging with Zoe," Rylan answers and shrugs. 

"Rylan hear me out, ok?" I blurt out. "Sure," he answers. "I don't like Zoe. I mean I don't like like her but I don't hate her either," I say, calmly. "That means you like her," he says. 

"I just said I didn't," I counter. 

"See, that's the thing. I used to date a love expert, ok? I also have three older sisters. Don't question me," Rylan answers. "You dated Melanie Michelle- the captain of the cheerleading team," I cut in. "She used to be and back when we were just friends she told me all about crushes and stuff," Rylan sighed.

 "Are you... indicating I have a crush on my... target?" I ask. 

"Yes, that's what I am indicating," Rylan, says calmly. "Well ,than your indicating wrong shit. Don't fucking lie to me, man," I face-palm. 

"When have I ever lied to you," Rylan shakes his head and I hesitate. 

"Back in middle school when you told me Kareena Shah wanted to date me. Bro, you got my hopes up. You knew I liked her," I answer. "That was middle school. I meant high school," Rylan chuckles. 

"Do you still like her because I have her number," he adds. "No, because I like Zoe," I blurt out. 

"Wait?! What no?!" I realize what I said. "it's ok, your secrets safe with me," Rylan chuckles. 

"How did you know before me?" I ask, confused. "You really don't know crushes work," Rylan mutters and I frown. "it's a complicated and dedicated thing. Crushes are delicate. Don't break them. If I were, I would tell her," Rylan answers. 

"This makes no sense. I can't fall for my target. She has to fall in love with me," I shake my head. "Stop calling her your target. Your not gonna fucking kill her, right?" Rylan said. 

"Fuck, no! I love her," I blurt out again. "Gotcha again," Rylan laughs. 

"Shit shit shit!" I murmur and take a big swig of my beer. 

"So, how do I get rid of it?" I ask Rylan. "Get rid of what?" he asks. "This stupid crush you idiot," I scowl at him. "Ah, that's the thing about crushes: you can't get rid of them," Rylan answers. 

"Unless you confess it to her," he adds. 

"You're shitting me," I and leave with a scowl in my face. 

"Good luck," Rylan calls and I flip him off. 

This fucking stings. 

I had no idea Zoe could fucking make me feel this way. 

Hehe, I know it hurts Luca but I go thru this shit too much.