37) secret's out

"Ember, Rylan!" I hiss at the secret keeper. We were outta school for the day and I had to tell them something. "What?" Rylan asks and he walks over to me. Ember joined us next. "You have to tell everyone," I pleaded. They stared at me for a few seconds. 

They laughed.

They laughed at me. 

"What?" I grumbled. "Was that not a joke?" Ember said and chuckled. I made a face at her and decided to try again. 

"I feel bad keeping secrets from my twin and my friends. Please tell everyone! Y'all are adorable. What are y'all so afraid of?" I said. "Look, I don't do relationships- especially with a jock! What are people going to think of me! Chris is gonna be a nightmare! Don't get me started with my parents. They're going to hover over me and always ask about my relationship! You know 'em!" Ember threw up her hands. 

"What about you?" I turned to Rylan. "The football guys expect me to be with the cheerleaders," he mumbled. 

"Seriously?" I scoffed. It was my turn to laugh at them. 

"What?" they say at the same time. 

"Let's talk in my car," I say and I lead them to my car. 

"We won't go anywhere. I just don't want people to see us talking," I say, innocently. "What? Are you embarrassed by us?" Ember glared. "No! But that's what you 2 are doing to each other. They just looked at each other. "What?" Rylan said. 

"Ugh. If y'all want to be a secret, that just means y'all are embarrassed to be with each other in public," I speak slowly for them to understand. "I- what- no!" Ember sputtered. "Yes," I nod my head. 

"And you," I point to Rylan. "Are you seriously going to let football players tell you who you can date?" I question. "Fucking football players," I add. "No!" Rylan said. "Cause it kinda seems like they are," I say. 

"We're telling the whole school," Rylan says and got out of my car. 

"Ugh, you're good," Ember narrowed her eyes at me and got out too. 

"I love you!" I call out. 

I think I won?

***

"Ember and Rylan texted the group chat. They want us to meet at the Starbucks near school," Addalyn told me once I got home. "Now?" I whine. 

I need my time to unwind from school. 

"Before you go I got a call from your school. I hope you two aren't doing that kind of stuff," my mom said from the couch. She was watching her show with my dad who was watching while typing some stuff on his laptop. 

"What are you talking about? Of course, they aren't. We're lucky we got girls," my dad sighed and kissed my mom on the forehead. 

"Aww, you guys are adorable. We gotta go," Addalyn gushed and pulled me out of the house with her. "But I-" I started but she shoved a Z bar in my hands. "Ok, let's go," I say and open the bar. 

"Wonder what the two of them want. It's so random, huh?" Addalyn wondered. We were almost at the Starbucks. "Yeah, I know right?" I answered and pointed out to Starbucks. 

***

"Ok, so what did you two have to tell us?" Eli asked. We all got our drinks and found a booth in the back and surprisingly, it fit all 7 of us. 

"We're dating," Ember said and they winced. 

"What?"

"Are you serious?" 

"That's so random!" 

Yeah, that last one was Addalyn. 

"Aw, I'm so happy! Y'all are adorable and if you two are happy, then that's what matters," I smile. "She knew! What? Since when?" Addalyn stared. 

"I found out at that party," I tell her. 

"I knew too," Luca chimed in. "Not us," Eli, Ethan, and Addalyn glared at us. 

"Chill! Now you do!" I smiled and they rolled their eyes. 

"But I'm happy for you two," Addalyn said and cracked a smile. 

"Same," Ethan and Eli said. 

"Well, did you tell your parents?" I ask. "Yeah, did when I got home. They asked me a million questions. I don't know how I got here earlier than any of you," Ember sighed and took a sip of her frappe. 

"Yeah, me too. They seem to like Ember. My mom called her pretty," Rylan remarked. 

"Yeah, my mom called you a 'handsome young fellow'," Ember gagged and I grinned. "My dad wanted to meet you though," Ember added and winced. "Sure and so does mine," Rylan grinned. 

"Can't you two discuss your marriage at another time?" Eli complained and we cracked up. 

"Well, since she's here might as well do it," Luca said after a few minutes of small talk. 

Rylan and Luca were giving each other weird looks. Like Rylan was trying to tell Luca something but Luca was refusing to listen. 

Luca looks at me. 

"Zoe Miller would you be my girlfriend. We have been through so much shit so I-" Luca started. "Yeah," I blurt out. 

I forgot about everyone else for a minute. 

Then I came into reality because they were all cheering. 

Some people working were giving us looks to shut up. 

"Sorry! HE JUST ASKED HER OUT!" Ethan shouted as if the people would nod and understand. 

"Let's go celebrate somewhere else," Eli said. 

"Yeah, tough crowd," I grin. 

Hey, y'all! 

This is the end of: it all started with a dare

Ahhh! 

This book has honestly been through a lot! (Not as much as Zoe though lmao) 

Should I write bonus chapters? 

Also, please check out my other works!

I decided not to give this one a sequel because for me some sequels end up ruining the book/series for me so I don't want to do that.