Thanes Pov 10

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands." Aria looked confused but she did as I asked brows drawn together the whole time. I was tempted to reach forward and smooth her brow, I just brought out a silver sphere instead. I learned it was called an astro sphere after bugging the girl at the jewelry stall for a few minutes to pass the time. I gently folded out all the rings and placed it into Aria's hands and her brows drew together sharply.

"What's wrong?"

"It's cold." she said softly, her expression fell into a pout and I almost laughed "can i open my eyes yet?" she asked

"Yeah." she cracked one eye open slowly she caught sight of the sphere and opened both eyes bring it closer to her face to inspect i saw her read one of the stars name and her eyes lit up

"These are the stars around quir!" she looked up excitedly, eyes sparkling her eyes met mine and the originally black vine markings on her cheeks slowly turned a maroon color her hands cradled the little sphere. "Thanks." she said quietly

"It uh- it folds up too." I plucked the sphere from her hands delicately and showed her how to fold it up. I gave it back and watched her slip it into the bag. She smiled up at me warmly and I felt color flush into my face.

"Thanks thane." he rushed forward wrapping her arms around my middle briefly before she let go and bounced back towards the barn. She glanced back with a grin before she disappeared behind the door frame. My slack expression morphed into a grin and I turned heading into the house.

The last thing I expected to wake up to was screaming. I could hear my grandmother shouting at someone outside. She must be arguing with Aria again. I got up and rushed outside still in my pajamas. I didn't even bother grabbing my shoes.  I got four steps outside the door and stopped six heads turned towards me.

"Go back inside thane." my nana ordered I eyed the hand gripping her arm and the way her tail thrashed back and forth.

"What's going on?" I spotted the woman who stopped me in the market yesterday. "Why Are you here?" the woman's eyes narrowed at me and I knew she recognised me.

"I think you know." she strode towards me. "Where is the pilot?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, I told you I didn't see any ship."

"I know you are lying." her ear twitched towards the barn "but," she waved a hand and the hand on my grandmother's arm let go "you don't mind if I take a look around, do you?" I glanced to my grandmother and she shook her head

"Actually I do mind, you aren't with our leaders you have no authority here." I set my shoulders.

"I don't need to look everywhere, just in the barn." she waved over to the blue building "unless you have something to hide?" glancing over at the building i saw fei slipping into the woods. I took a deep breath and sighed it out.

"Fine but be quick." My grandmother gave me an astounded look. I kept my expression passive and uncaring. They headed towards the barn and my grandmother took the chance to pull me towards the house.

"Are you insane! They are looking for her!" her words were just barely a whisper i rested a hand on her shoulder

"I just saw fei slip into the woods." her expression relaxed a fraction

"And aria?" she almost seemed concerned, I shook my head "we better follow them then."

"I'll follow them, you get into the house." my grandmother's expression tightened "please nana." she frowned and stepped towards the house

"Thane?" she said at the last second. "be careful."she warned glancing towards the barn i nodded and marched towards the barn

"Are you guys done yet?" I asked tiredly four of them were poking around while the lady with the long ears looked around with sharp eyes.

"Not yet." she said calmly one of the others reached forward to poke one of the animals

"He bites." I warned snickering when he yanked his hand back, the guy shot me a dirty look.

"What's in the loft?" I willed myself to freeze in place.

"Mostly grain and straw."

"Mind if i take a look?" I shrugged

"Sure if you can get up there, just don't open the barrels my nana keeps her wine in them and if you open it before it's ready it will ruin the flavor, she will be furious." I hoped if aria was up there she would take the hint.