Aria 27

"How is your head? And don't lie, I know that the whole emtoans thing leaves a wicked headache." my brother sighed and raised a brow at me.

"Emotions thing?" he rubbed the heel of his hand into his temple.

"What am i supposed to call it?" I huffed. To admit I was a little frustrated with my brother we had been in the ship coudaintes locked in for around five hours now and he hadn't said a single word.

"I don't know, your empath ability? The gift? your special power?" he said them all with a mystified tone and I cast him a glare. "How did you do that anyway? I know mom never taught you that one." I fiddled with the controls quietly for a moment.

"I don't really like to talk about it." Theo looked concerned now.

"What happened aria?" I wanted to sink into my seat.

"You are just gonna keep asking huh?" I could see an approaching planet. Theo nodded. "Well too bad we are here." Theo's head whipped around to look.

"We can't be at quir yet that's like five hours even with this ship." he said astonished.

"It's not quir, we are making a pit stop.'' I guided the ship down into the atmosphere. "Requesting permission to doc fenris?" i said into the open channel.

"Unit name and number?" the old voice growled through the channel.

"Aria unit 1106." a cough came though the line.

"You little- you are late kid! A month and a half late!" I sighed and docked the ship next to my unit.

"I know fen, sorry. Im at the unit now." a huff came through the line and I opened the hatch of the ship. "Empty your pockets before you get out, people on this planet will steal anything not attached to you." i warned. Theo did as I asked following me out of the ship. I pulled the key from my pocket and tugged at the lock of the unit. It clicked open and I swung the door open.

"Hey!" Fenris was jogging towards us, his teeth poking out his mouth and the grey hair on his head was a dash greyer than I remembered. "Every month kid! That was the deal you checked in every month so I'm sure you aren't dead and you get to keep your stuff here!" I laughed a little.

"Hey i can make it up to you this time!" I pointed a finger at him and he huffed. "You remember the other part of the deal right?" fenris huffed.

"You find out anything about your family and you get to skip a check in." he grumbled. I gestured to theo who looked incredibly confused. "Who's the stick?" Fenris asked theo made a less than dignified sound between a huff and a high whine.

"That's My brother theodore, fenris." i said tiredly.

"So you found them." fenris said monotonously. I sighed.

"Yeah, listen, I'm gonna miss my check in next month i'm gonna go do some stuff but i'm coming back!" i said firmly, waving my finger at him.

"Yeah whatever kid.'' I pretended not to see the smile tugging at the corners of fenris' lips. He turned to walk away.

"Love you fenris!" I called after him. He gave a four fingered wave over his shoulder.

"Love you too kid." i laughed a little and nudged theo inside and flicked on the light. It flickered once and illuminated a little kitchen and living room space; a bedroom and bathroom were just down the hall.

"What was that? What is this place?" I locked the door behind us and checked the windows.

"This is Avor, and That was my landlord, he found me when I was... fourteen? Right after dad saw me on evray. He took pity on me. We struck a deal and he gave me a place to crash when I'm not on cargo trips." I shuffled through a few things on my coffee table and tossed an item to theo.

"This is my necklace." he said dumbly. I nodded. "I haven't seen this since we were kids aria." I nodded again heading towards my room.

"I know, i stole it from you right before- well you know."  The little wood carving looked tiny in the palm of my brother's hands. It was carved by him and my mom, a little bear paw. I scanned my room to check that the window was still locked then took my mattress off the box spring revealing a bunch of boxes. I opened one and took out the pistol resling inside and grabbed another box of ammo and clips.

"Where did you get all of these?" Theo asked, astonished.

"Better if you don't ask." I handed him one. "That's the safety and-

"I know how they work ari." Theo said. I held up my hands.

"Do you want an extra clip?" Theo heaved a huge sigh.

"yeah."