Thanes Pov 14

I watched the two of them disappear into the barn i could hear aria murmur something but was too focused on the now lose vultures in my yard and my grandmother coming out of the house to be worried about it  she opened her mouth to shout I closed the distance between us with a few quick strides.

"It's okay! Aira and Fei have it handled." my grandmother let out a shrill short laugh

"Ah yes the terren and the beast, did she make some sort of alliance with them?" I sighed

"No nana, look." I pointed towards the red colored alien who was approaching us and the herri who was right behind him he got within talking disince and the herri snarled loudly the red colored alran stopped dead in his tracks turning a slightly lighter shade of red.

"I only wish to speak with him." the red alien said defensively taking a few slow steps away from fei.

"Let him go fei," the herri locked eyes with me and nodded slowly blinking at me. I smiled and turned back to the alien "what's your name?" my grandmother huffed from beside me

"Kiko." I nodded

"What do you want, kiko?" he hesitated, glancing at fei. I waved the herri off and he huffed but went anyway.

"The terren who sent us after her, you're solstice. He had a marking on his arm. It was one of the constellations around old terra." my entire mind short circuited barely recognising the old chulak word for significant other. And processing the information kiko gave me.

"You are sure? Which constellation was it?" he nodded

"I don't know terren constellations well, apologies." I nodded with a frown glancing towards the barn. I did a count of the vultures four in the clearing and one in the barn none of them tried to run, yet. Kiko turned as soon as he figured I wouldn't ask anything else and walked back over towards the others.

"Solstice huh?" my grandmother who I had almost forgotten was there was staring up at my face I felt color rise to my cheeks

"No," I said with a tight voice "just no." she smiled up at me knowingly

"Whatever you say thaneios, just keep in mind the chulak can smell emotional connections." She said smugly I gaped after her and shot a few quick looks at the barn at a loss as what to do.

"She's not- I don't- '' I said to the empty air. I could hear her chuckle knowingly as she wandered back towards the house. I dismissed the thought, thinking about what kiko told me instead, a terren constellation on his skin, he was from old terra then. If the man after her was from old terra he may know aria or she may be in danger.