Aria 5

I was warm when I woke. I shifted and my hand ran over thin reed like objects. I jolted into consciousness then sitting up it was dark all around me and the air was cold a blanket slipped off me. I patted my arms and my flight jacket was missing.

"They needed to remove it to treat your wound." I realised fei was curled around me then I ran a hand over the stitches along my back they traced just below my ribs. I looked around and realised I was in a barn livestock in a couple stalls around me lamps hung on a couple posts giving off a yellowish-green light i was laid on top a couple large crates straw piled under my head like a pillow I ran a hand through the short locks dislodging the few pieces of straw that clung to my hair. The sound of footsteps approaching made me tense. A short lady with a tail like thanes walked in. She lacked the distinct ears he had though instead they had more human like ears but they were longer and pointed at the top. Like the elves in the story's dad used to read to me.

"You are awake." she said calmly i realised she held my flight jacket in her hands "you terrens really are resilient." I tensed at the cold tone in her voice she walked towards me, setting the jacket down near my feet. "I need to check the stitches." she held up her hands glancing at fei

"He won't hurt you." My voice cracked and she raised a brow. She reached for my tank top and I turned so she could get to the stitches better, her cold hands prodded at the skin around the wound.

"It's warm we will need to watch for infection." she pulled back and searched my eyes when i looked at her "it's odd, you dont look like a terren but you bleed like one." i didnt know how to respond so I just stayed quiet. "you are an odd one, what is your name?" I paused searching her eyes this time her expression was mostly blank but a hint of curiosity lingered in her eyes. This was a test then.

"Aria." she nodded

"A terren name." I pressed my lips together

"Where is thane?" her eyebrows shot up into an unimpressed look

"Thaneios is out, I'll tell him you asked for him when he returns." she turned and headed back towards the open doors of the barn.

"Thank you..." I trailed off unsure. she paused

"My name is flara." I smiled

"Thank you flara." She gave me a short nod but I noticed the flick at the end of her tail as she left. I reached forwards straining against the stitches to grab the jacket.

"Careful you are still hurt." fei warned I rolled my eyes and got flicked in the face by his tail for it. I ran a hand over the familiar texture someone had patched up the tear in the side of it. The red thread stood out against the black leather it looked as if someone had cleaned it too a red-brown clung to part of the white detailing along the bottom of the jacket. I smiled and ran a hand over the stitching.

Thane was back by the time one of the sun peeked over the horizon. He tumbled into the barn like the world was ending a pile of things in his arms and my flight helmet at the top. His eyes scanned the barn and his ears perked up when he spotted me staring.

"Nana said you were awake!" he made his way over an odd galop to his step. "I got you a few things." He climbed up onto the crate and sat next to me startling me. Fei gave a low growl and Thane hesitated for a moment. I laid a hand across fei's snout.

"Calm down." I warned without speaking

"Now you trust him?" Fei mimicked my words from the day before I shot him a glare and he gave a snort. I turned back to Thane to see him looking between us.

"Are you guys doing that telepathic talk because i can go." he pointed towards the door. I shook my head.

"No its fine fei is just being a big baby." fei's tail cam around to hit me in the face again i ducked and it hit thane instead. He spluttered under the gold fur and batted the tail away. While I laughed.