Chapter 13

Charlie set her bag down on the table. She had just come back from boxing up her bedroom and she was exhausted. She wanted to go out and be The Flame but she couldn't not whilst she was living at the Parker's anyway. It saddened her that she couldn't go out fighting crime but she would just have to wait until she had moved into an apartment with Cameron. She could tell Peter that she was The Flame but she wasn't sure that would go so well. He would probably flip out and tell her it was dangerous, yet she didn't want to keep secrets from him because usually relationships don't last that long when your hiding secrets from each other. Shaking the thoughts out of her head she went to Peter's bedroom and collapsed onto his bed.Letting out a loud sigh she got back up and fetched her homework from her bag before setting it down on his desk. "Hey, stranger" Charlie looked up from her worksheet to find Peter standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over is chest. "Hey." She got up from her seat and walked over to him wrapping her arms around his torso. She lent her head on his chest, feeling it rise and fall and hearing the loud thump of his heart. It relaxed her in a way, but she didn't mind. As long as he was by her side, she would be ok.

"Someone is cuddly today." Peter let out a soft chuckle as he played with her hair. "Mmm." He pulled away guiding her over to his desk chair. He sat down and pulled her down so she was sat on his lap."Can you help me with my homework? Your much smarter than I am." He chuckled before showing Charlie how to work out the equation. The next few hours were spent doing homework and by 4:00 both teenagers had been completely drained of energy. They were laying on Peter's bedroom floor arms and legs sprawled out all over the place. " I've come to the conclusion that I hate science." Charlie let out a load sigh. "You literally go to a science school." He chuckled and placed a kiss on her head before getting up off the floor and walking to the kitchen to see what Aunt May was cooking. "Hey May." May turned off of the stove and turned around to face Peter. "So, we'll be having Thai again, what have you and Charlie been doing, you've been in there for hours." Peter grabbed some snacks from the cupboard. "We've been doing homework, mainly hers, she was struggling." A smile etched it's way onto May's face, she was glad Peter finally had someone that made him happy, ever since Uncle Ben had passed it had been difficult for him to smile but with Charlie around he was doing it all the time and May couldn't help but notice the twinkle in is eyes whenever Charlie's name popped up in a conversation and she knew that twinkle all to well, she just hoped it never burned out. "Alright, Cameron should be on his way home soon, I'm going to get dinner." She lightly kissed him on the cheek before grabbing her coat and fleeing out of the door.

Peter retreated back to his room his arms full of snacks. "Knock, knock." Charlie opened the door her eyes not leaving the chemistry book in her hands. She sat back down in the desk chair her eyes scanning every word carefully. Peter walked over to her taking the book out of her hands causing her to look up at him with her adoring eyes. "I was reading that." She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. Peter smirked, turning the swivel chair around so that Charlie was facing him. "We've been working for hours, I think we deserve a break." He lent forward, locking their lips, Charlie melted into the kiss, Peter was her weakness and anybody that knew her knew that. He pulled away and she instantly missed the heat of his lips on hers.He grabbed her hands in his and pulled her out of the chair and led her to the bed."Why did you bring so much food? May's getting dinner." Charlie chuckled staring at the pile of food that lay in front of her. "This is a light snack." Peter said opening a bag of Doritos and shoving a handful into his mouth. Charlie chuckled and got up from the bed to grab a glass of water. She walked into the kitchen reaching for her empty glass that stood on the side.

"Hey, Charlie." Charlie jumped with surprise and turned to the front door where her brother stood with a cardboard box in his hands. "Hey Cam, did you finish up? sorry I left so early, I had a lot of work to catch up on." Charlie lent against the kitchen counter top, taking a sip from her glass. "It's ok, I got most of the packing done, I just need to finish the kitchen and then the living room." Cameron placed the box down on the dining table and embraced his sister in a hug. She placed her glass down and wrapped her arms around her brother. She pulled back when she heard the familiar jingle of keys at the door. May walked in with Thai bags in her hands. Charlie rushed to her side taking one of the bags and setting it down on the table. "Thank you Charlie, could you get Peter for me?" Charlie nodded and went to fetch Peter.

Yet again another night where Charlie felt normal, like her old self but the world had other plans, the happy people will always suffer.