Chapter 25

It was a casual day for Charlie she was walking hand-in-hand with Peter through Central Park with Ned, Michelle and Harry by their sides, all laughing and talking but Charlie couldn't fight the odd feeling in her stomach. She had a feeling something bad was going to happen but like usual she put on her best fake smile and laughed along, ignoring the nagging at the back of her brain. "Charlie?" Charlie snapped out of her daze and looked at her friends concerned expressions. "Oh sorry, I didn't hear you, what did you say?" Peter glanced her but she just smiled. "I asked if you wanted to come over tonight?" Ned looked at her wondering what could be going on in her mind. "Oh! Yeah that would be great!" Charlie realised she probably sounded too excited but she brushed it off and let her friends walk in front of her. Peter grabbed her shoulder. "Are you okay? You seem a little out of it." His eyes were filled with nothing but concern and Charlie sighed in defeat. "I-I dunno I just feel like something is off, like something bad is going to happen." Peter rubbed his hand up and down her arm making her shiver. "I'm sure everything is ok, if your really worried I'll keep a look out, ok?" Charlie nodded and captured his lips in a short, sweet kiss. She turned her head to find her friends fake gagging and Charlie swatted Harry's head as he was the closest. "Ow!" She smiled and held Peter's hand again before walking through the park.

By the time it was dark the group had gone back to Ned's house and they were all huddled in his living room under numerous blankets and bowls of food."Can we watch The Notebook? Me and Michelle are the only ones that have seen it so therefore we are superior losers, you have to watch it if you wanna be one too." Michelle smirked as she watched the boys expressions change. In the end they did watch the Notebook and Charlie and Michelle had enjoyed watching the boys first reaction to the film. It was getting late and Charlie was growing tired. Her and Peter said their goodbyes before leaving the house. The stars shone brightly in the dark sky, it was mesmerising, something Charlie could look at all night. Peter stopped which made Charlie stumble a bit but she quickly restored her balance and looked up at the boy questioningly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I feel like I haven't seen you all day, you've been very distant." He stared into her eyes watching the colours swimming. "I just can't shake off the feeling that something bad is going to happen, I'm sorry I've been distant, I didn't mean to." In that moment it was just the two of them. They looked into each others eyes like they were home and for them they were. Charlie kissed his lips, enjoying the warmth they give her, like they were inviting her in and she couldn't get enough. Her fingers played with the pieces of hair at the nape of his neck. They both pulled apart as they needed air and Charlie's forehead rested against Peter's hammering chest. "I love you." Charlie mumbled into his t-shirt, taking in the smell of his cologne. "I love you more."

They walked back to the apartment building enjoying the bright lights of New York as they did. They walked into the apartment and the smell of cookies filled their nostrils. "Hey kids, I made some cookies, there fresh out of the oven." Charlie's head instantly snapped to May who was cleaning away in the kitchen and Charlie excitedly took a cookie from the plate they had been put on. Aunt May, may not be a good cook but she could definitely bake cookies. Peter chuckled before joining her. "So, how was your day? Did you have fun?" May turned around and faced the teenagers who were stuffing their faces with cookies. Charlie nodded as well as Peter."Yeah we went for a walk around Central park and then went back to Ned's to watch some movies." Charlie shrugged as she ate the last bite of her cookie. May smiled and Peter and Charlie looked at each other and then back at May. "Ok, May I love you and all but your kinda creeping me out." Charlie earned a nudge from Peter as she said that but he laughed a minute later. "I'm just happy, you know? When Ben died I didn't think I could find happiness but with you and Peter around my life has just become brilliant." "May I just want to say thank you so much, you have done so much for me without a reason and I love you so much." May pulled Charlie into a bone crushing hug and Peter sneakily took a picture, capturing the moment. May dismissed the pair off to bed and Charlie couldn't contain her happiness, she was glad she made May happy. She jumped all over the room then tackled Peter onto the bed. He chuckled as he tried to get out from underneath her. "What do you say we go out for some crime fighting?" Charlie nodded and put on her suit and waited by the window as Peter got changed. She couldn't help but steal glances every so often to look at his toned body. After Peter got changed the pair made their way to the rooftop and set of into the starry night. The wind blew through Charlie's auburn hair tangling it in the process. "Spider-man and Flame, our crime fighting duo." Charlie and Peter stopped and searched the rooftop for anymore people but couldn't find any. "Now Flame I'm not interested in you as much as I am Spider-man, tell me where did you get the suit from? How do your powers work?" A figure came out of the dark corner of the roof top and approached the teens who stood confidently side by side. "Who are you and what do you want?" The figure cackled and Charlie was beyond confused, how was this funny? "Tell Stark too give us the blueprints for his suit otherwise we kill her." Before Charlie or Peter had time to react the man injected Charlie with something making her body limp and he dashed away with her body. Peter stood there completely in shock before rapidly making his way to the Avengers tower. He needed to talk to Mr.Stark.