Animal troubles

No one's POV:
-

Another thing that was distracting Geno and very well many times, was the animals.

At first he had the feeling that the ship was totally untouched by them. But almost from the time he started showing himself more often up to the deck and walking around freely, like the sky and the sea opened, sea birds, mostly seagulls were flying near the ship, escorting it, sitting at the gunwale and masts, even taking walks around the deck when there weren't pirates near to disturb them.

Fishes, many fishes were swimming near the ship, different kinds. Cockroaches, mise, even rats that were hiding before in ship's shadows and corners, were watching and following Geno secretly, everywhere.

The creepiest at first for Geno, because he had still problems to accept his siren side was that he was understanding what the animals were saying and needed to shut his ear holes because their voices were making him nervous and bringing him headaches. The insects and rodents were whispering to each other things like,

"He's a siren!"

"Finally someone who's not a pirate!"

"Have you hear what the sea birds are saying? They're saying that he's a prince! Did you know that guys?!"

The cockroaches and rodents didn't seem to know Geno as a prince. Only the sea birds that could go up the ship unlike fishes were calling him that. And from the dreams Geno was seeing, he had make the conclusion that only the sea birds and fishes (and whatever is swimming in the seas) probably, knew that he was more than just a siren that was getting animals attention in an instant and understanding them easily.