Five

He kept staring bewilderedly, he looked so frozen. Why was he looking that way?

Whatever, I really shouldn't care. I tried to break the silence between us and opened my mouth to say "Um.. you're the guy from rehab right?" and I knew I failed because I looked so tense and nervous. He stepped towards me and answered with a "Yeah... They had decided it was time for me to get out of rehab today so yeah.." There was another silence again, I really didn't have the slightest clue what to say so I had to just say "goodbye, it was nice seeing you out of that place! Really."

He didn't sound so weird now. When I gave him my pancakes last time, he was unbelievably strange. I presume it was just because of staying in rehab so much, that's so evident, maybe he didn't like it too, or maye he had to stay there a long time just like me.

Before he walked away, he murmured a "Uh so you gave me half your breakfast last time and yet, I don't know your name?"

"Rose." I laughed.

He laughed too.

"You've such a nice name, Rose."

* * * *

I had to wait for the bus for like over twenty minutes. I can picture my aunt so freaking angry right now. I was preparing for a goddamned long, long lecture from her with the thoughts of the guy I just met (weirdly, by a strange coincidence) right now. I tried my hardest to push away those thoughts but I believe I couldn't.

When I was right in front of the house, I knocked once but there was no answer.

Twice; nothing.

Thrice, and still nothing.

I was happy for a second to think that maybe my aunt still didn't get home yet so she'd come and already find me here. I felt so lucky, for the first time, I felt lucky.

Just after I removed my boots, I heard the doorbell rings. Okay, seriously, if it was her, I'll get caught because how can she come now right after me and don't see me enter the house before her?

I opened the door to see a familiar face looking right ahead at me. My aunt. Of course. She must've saw me coming late. But, wait, why am I even complicating all this stuff. All I should tell her is: my bus was late. Because, simply, that's what really happened.

She didn't say hi nor did she even smile. She just rushed to the stairs but then turned around to face me.

"I really didn't know you had friends from rehab, but mostly, I didn't know you would befriend whoever talked to you!" She almost shouted

"What? Wait, I don't get It." I said, confused.

"Well... I'm talking about your bloody friend from rehab! Luke!"

Oh. Who's Luke?

"Luke? Who?"

"Don't act innocent, Rose. You know you shouldn't be friends with him"

"Just tell me, I don't wanna get mad. I swear to God I'm not even lying to you."

She took a deep breath before muttering "The boy you were talking to near the bus station."

How the hell did she know I was talking to him?

"Ah! So you were following my steps, dear aunt Sarah?" Disgusting living creature.

"Yes, I was." Does she even try control what her mouth spits out?

"Well, first of all, I didn't even knew his name. and that's because we're not even friends, okay? We just met twice strangely, that's all. Secondly, why on earth I shouldn't be talking to him? And last but not least, this isn't even your business."

I could see the veins in her neck showing because she's too angry, and I couldn't be angrier, too.

She shouted," Well. Rose. Listen to this carefully. Luke used to be a fucking partner of your uncle, your serial killer uncle. Yes." She laughed sarcastically and continued "actually, I don't even know if you noticed but all the newspapers were writing about him and your uncle. How didn't you notice?!!"

Oh.

That's was kind of shocking.

I still can't believe what she said. Is he just trying to get to me for his interest? This is getting confusing, I can't even focus anymore.

________________________________________________

OOPS THIS WAS WAY TOO SHORT. SORRY. WELL ACTUALLY  I WAS REWRITING THE PREVIOUS 4 CHAPTERS. ROSE USED TO BE IN PSYCH WARD, NOW SHE'S IN REHAB. BESIDES THIS HUGE CHANGE IN THE STORY, THERE ARE MORE LITTLE DETAILS THAT I EDITED. AND I DIDN'T POST ANYTHING NOR DID I EVEN EDIT - OW IKR AM SOOO BAD - THAT WAS BC OF SCHOOL I'VE A THOUGH YEAR PREPARING FOT FINAL EXAMS AND STUFF SO I COULDN'T UPDATE. BUT THAT WON'T BE THE CASE ANYMORE. PLEAAAAAAASEEE VOTE IF U LIKED. 

xoxo