chapter eleven.

Elizabeth stopped on the long cement steps that lead into the bank, people passing hurried past her ignoring her existence.

She shifted the files to her other arm and pulled her cell phone from her purse, dialing his number and waiting for him to answer.

"Elizabeth. To what do I owe this?"

"I got the information from the bank...all of it."

"And?"

She glanced down at the two thick manilla envelopes full of the proof of her husband's lies and betrayal, his off shore accounts and stolen money.

"I....I dont know what to do," she admitted her voice starting to shake slightly.

"Come to me," he said, his voice gentling.

She swallowed past the lump in her throat, biting down on her lower lip.

"Where?" She asked softly.

If he was surprised she didnt argue he didnt mention it.

"I will text you the address."

He hung up and she took a deep breath glancing again at the files, she wasn't stupid she knew Landon wasn't perfect and their life wasn't perfect but she depended on him. She thought he was taking care of their family, that he was trustworthy and she had sewn her life to his, now she saw how wrong she was.

She walked to her car and then checked her phone bringing up the address he had sent just as it started to pour down rain. Big, heavy drops of water that pounded on her car so aggressively it was nearly deafening.

She pulled onto the already flooding streets and drove to the address across town, she found a large brick warehouse that had been converted to a strip club, the river was a few yards away and rising, the gravel parking lot mostly empty other than a few vehicles.

She hesitated a long minutes she had never been in a strip club before and the idea made her uncomfortable, taking a deep breath she pulled the keys from her ignition and grabbed the files.
She sprinted from her car getting soaked on the way and wishing she had a coat as she shoved the heavy metal door open.

It took a minute for her eyes and ears to adjust. The room was large and open, purple velvet walls and dark blue carpet, the ceiling was all mirrors and there was a long bar to her right. The room was barely lit other than a few colored strobe lights focusing on the three round stages where girls were dancing and 5 men sat in large lounge chairs, one had his hand down the front of his pants.
Nobody even looked at her when she came in and she was relieved, techno music thumped so loud she could feel it in her chest.

She was standing near the door shifting her weight from one foot to the other and feeling insecure when a large bouncer approached her.

"We ain't hiring, take your perky little ass elsewhere," he said.

"No, I....I'm looking for Rhys."

"He know you're coming?" The man asked crossing his arms over his large chest.

"Yes...he invited me," she quickly held out her phone to show him the text.

"Follow me."

He turned without another word and started walking towards the back of the building she followed, keeping her eyes on the floor and not looking at the naked women just a few feet away.
He knocked on a large mahogany door and then opened it stepping aside to let her in.

She stepped inside a room that was smaller and when the door closed the music was muffled as if it were nearly soundproof.
The carpets and walls matched the larger room but to her left was a large wooden desk, behind that glass shelves lined with bottles and glasses, to her right a large bed with purple and red bedding and a small red love seat, there was a door straight ahead that was closed and a light shone underneath.