Chapter 20

Jessica dragged Kristin to the backyard after school the next day with blindfold over her eyes.
" where are you taking me? " demanded Kristin in a tensed voice.

" easy there, am not planning your death" laughed Jessica.

Kristin stiffened hearing that, she tried to remove the fold.

" Kris! " yelled Jessica, then noticing Kristin's condition she wrap her in a hug " its okay Kris, am sorry I was only joking " but Kristin's body still shook

" shhh"

" why are we here? "

Jessica pulled away " you have to clear things out with Jess "

" what? " Kris half yelled removing the fold

" please girl, you have to talk to him, you guys have something special going on "

" online "

Jessica ignored that " you have to talk to him or I loss my date with Quinn.

" you and Quinn? " Kris was surprise

" yes, he asked me out"

" wow"

" yes wow, that is if you will talk to Jess "

" I... " Kris looked at the table set for two, it was under a shield and Kristin admired the beauty. " its so lovely

" it will be more lovely if you have lunch with Jess "

Kristin walked closer to the table " you did well Jessica, but I dont think am ready for it" she said  " you know Jess don't like talking to me right?, its just a waste of time.

When there was no reply Kris turned around and jumped in surprise
Jess stood staring at her, hands in his pant pocket. " what is a waste of time? "

" em... Nothing "

" what are you doing here? "

" Jessica.. "

" I see, the guys pushed me here" he looked  around him " am hungry, you? " he asked out of the blue and Jessica was taken aback.

" wh... What? " she squeaked in surprise

He smirk " lunch, come on we wouldn't want that to go to waste now do we? " he didn't wait for her to reply, he went to take his seat, after being comfortable he looked at her " are you coming or what? "

Kristin shrugged and joined him still tensed

" relax Kris " he said " or do I scare you? "

Yes!  But she wasn't going to say that aloud.

" Kris? "
She jerked up right

" you are drooling".

What? She never drool, but she quickly wipe her mouth and jess burst out laughing holding his stomach like it hurts.
Kristin came to the conclusion that he was only teasing her and there was no drool on her face, she picked a cheese and threw it at him " you know that was rude eh? "

" yeah, but it worth it" he tried to laugh " you should see your expression "

" let's just eat"

" yeah, sure" she smiled agreeing.

The guys high-fived each other and Quinn turned to Jessica who smiled at him. " let's go?

" sure" she took his hand And they walked away from behind the tree

" have fun you two " yelled Troy

" and be protected" added Rand.

" so you are my online friend " Jess said

" y.. Yes"

" so for how long have your dad been like that? "

Kristin dropped her fork and rested back in her seat

" I understand if you are not ready to... "

" its okay" she cuts him off
He reminded silent, giving her time if she wants to share her past with him.