Inseparable

Renesmee Carlie Cullen opened her eyes and looked up into the handsome face of Jacob Black. "Hey Beautiful," he smiled, his white teeth a sharp contrast to his perfectly bronzed skin. He leaned down and kissed her.

"Jake," she groaned, pushing him away a little. "My breath probably smells terrible! Give me a minute to brush my teeth and comb the rat's nest that used to be my hair, would ya?"

He laughed and sat on her bed as she walked into the bathroom. "Someone's grumpy in the morning."

"Give me a minute and then I'll be super perky and annoying again," she grinned before shutting the bathroom door. She heard his deep laughter from the other side and smiled as she brushed out her hair and brushed her teeth. She loved it when her parents allowed Jacob to surprise her in the morning like this. She couldn't think of a better way to start the day. Ever since she and Jacob had confessed their love for each other, her whole life was so much happier.

Walking into her closet, she glanced around at all the clothes her Auntie Alice had purchased for her lately. Every so often, her aunt came in and took out all her old clothes and replaced them with new ones. Renesmee didn't have her mother's aversion to shopping or cute outfits, so she loved seeing what her aunt had found. She picked a simple white tank and a flowing floral skirt that reached her knees. She put on the turquoise earrings that Jacob had give her for her birthday, and declared herself ready.

When she reentered her bedroom, Jacob was still sitting on her bed, though she noticed that he had made it up for her. A grin stretched across his face when he laid eyes on her. Renesmee smiled. She had made the right choice. She bounded across the room, placing her hands on his knees and kissed him. "So," she asked, "what do you want to do today?"

"I was thinking maybe the beach," he said, running his fingers through her hair. "Are you hungry though? Do you want breakfast?"

"I could do breakfast," she said, a smile still on her face as she climbed onto his lap.

He kissed her cheek, "Should I even ask what you want?"

"Eggs!"

"Never would've guessed," he laughed, picking her up in his arms, and heading down the stairs.

"Jake!" she shrieked.  "I can walk, y'know."

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Good morning you two," Bella said as they entered the kitchen.

"Morning Mom," Renesmee said, then slapped her hand lightly against Jacob's chest. "Put me down!"

Jacob laughed and set her gently on her feet. Renesmee went to her mother and kissed her cheek as Jacob joined Bella at the table. Then Renesmee went over to the stove where her father was already cooking up some eggs for her and Jacob. She wrapped her arms around Edward and grinned up at him. "Good morning, Daddy."

Edward smiled and kissed her on the forehead, "Good morning, Sweetheart."

"Smells good."

"I heard Jacob from upstairs," Edward said sliding the eggs onto two plates.

"You were in my head this early in the morning? Really?" Jacob groaned. "I haven't even had coffee yet.  You waste no time do you?"

"Your thoughts are quite loud," Edward smirked as he put the plates on the table, as well as two mugs of coffee, "and often obnoxious. But you come in handy when you give me insight as to what's going through my daughter's mind."

"Dad," Renesmee groaned as she swallowed her hot breakfast. If her father was going to be embarrassing today, she couldn't wait to get to the beach.