Kwop Kilawtley

When  Renesmee woke up the next morning, no one was in the cottage so he made  her way up to the mansion. When she entered in the back door, everyone  was gathered in the living room. They all turned to look at her. "What?"  she asked cautiously. She had remembered to brush her hair, right?  Running her fingers through her auburn curls quickly, she was  relieved to find it relatively calm and tangle free.

No one spoke.  "Someone please tell me what's going on. Is everything alright?" she  asked, a sense of panic rising within her. Had Alice had another vision  of that vampire? Where they in danger? Had something happened to Jacob?

Edward  took a step toward her. "Renesmee," he said slowly, "you know that  we've been here about nine years now. I look 17 and I'm supposed to be  26. Carlisle should be much older than he looks. People are starting to  ask questions. Questions we don't have the answers for." Renesmee  remained silent, waiting for him to get to the point of his story. "We  usually move on within a shorter time span than this," her father  continued, "but because of Charlie, and others, we've stayed. But now  we've stayed as long as we possibly can..."

"Whoa, whoa!" Renesmee cried. "Move on? Dad, what do you mean?"

"We're leaving Forks, Renesmee," Bella said, moving to stand next to Edward.

"Leaving?  No. No, we can't!" she very nearly shouted, but it was hard to be too  angry with Jasper's intense stare focused directly on her.

"We have to," Edward said. "People are becoming suspicious. Do you remember the Volturi?"

Renesmee cringed and nodded.

"If  someone were to find out about us, it would mean death for them. Unless  the Volturi were feeling generous, then they may let us turn them into  one of us. Though the victim may wish they had chosen death."

She  ignored her father's bitterness. She was still stuck on the fact that  they were leaving. "But what about school? And Charlie? What about  Jake?" she asked, stumbling through the words.

"Charlie  is one of the ones we're protecting," Bella tried to explain and ease  her daughter's fears. "We'll all start at a new school when we move, and  Jacob will go back to living the way he did before we came. We are what  makes him a werewolf, Renesmee. And truthfully, he's never been too  thrilled about that. In a few years, we can come back. You'll see him  again."

"A few years," Renesmee echoed. "Like two or three?"

"More like seven or eight," Edward answered her calmly.

"Eight  years?" she cried in direct opposition to her father's composed  demeanor. She felt Jasper move closer to her and place his hand on her  shoulder. Her body relaxed, but she was no less determined. "No! I'm not  coming with you. I'll stay here with Jacob."

"And what Renesmee?  The two of you stay a sixteen and seventeen year old couple forever?  People would notice. They're already beginning to wonder about him and  the rest of the pack," Edward fired back, a little sharper than he'd  meant to.

A few tears rolled down her cheeks, though Jasper's  powers prevented her from totally losing control. Out of everyone in the  entire world, Renesmee thought her parents would understand what she  and Jacob shared.

"This is not a choice, Renesmee," Edward said in  a softer tone, but still one that brooked no argument. "You are a part  of this family, and you will be coming with us."

Renesmee took a deep breath. "When do we leave?"

"As soon as everything can be arranged," Carlisle said from where he stood on the edge of the room.