Chapter: 6

We came up on a room with one side separated by a wall made of glass the side in the glass had black walls, floors and ceilings. The other side had chairs next to the walls with one chair that was right in front of the glass wall that had to holes in it. I felt my wrists being pulled into the glass room.
Once I got inside I felt the fire leave my wrists. Confused on what do do, I stood silently looking at the glass, which I now realized could only be seen through one side. I saw the two holes in the glass that were in front of the chair and I looked through them. I saw Joey, the queen and the other captured people arranging themselves in the room. The queen seated herself in the chair in front of the two holes, Joey sat in the chair next to her and the others were all fire-tied to the chairs behind them.
The queen put her hands through the two holes and I stepped back. I heard the queen's voice through a loudspeaker," Welcome, in this test I will tell you to do certain actions or answer certain questions. If you do or answer them with no or little hesitation, then you will continue, if not I will have Jocelyn do her part of the test",I am not sure what "Joey's part of the test will be", but I know I won't like it. Now, I hear the first command. "What is your name?" "My name is Elaine Marie Hale" "Thank you, now stand up and put out you hands, so they can be equipped with bracelets" "No" Now instead of the robotic voice I hear the queen,"You have failed to complete this task, so Jocelyn will do her part then I will send you off with her"
I sat silently awaiting a command that I would quickly decline to doing or answering. This time there was no command, I just saw the flames coming at me from all sides of the room. When they reached me, I didn't even scream. I wouldn't give them the pleasure of their plan working. I let the flames reach me, and felt them grow around me as Joey caused them to be hotter. Then, I blacked out and all the pain ended.
-----
I woke up to a hand shaking me and a ton of loud noise. I looked up right into the eyes of Carter. He said," Finally, you're awake. You've been out of it for three days kid. We are in the room for our tier's people who were taken. You can talk kid, come on now", "Wait a second. I've been out of it for three days and I'm not chained down to something or tied up or dead. Whoa that's a shocker!" Carter laughed and I smiled back and surveyed the room. So there was Carter with his dark blue eyes and black air that was just spiked up in the front. There were only two other beds in the room, other then the ones Carter and I were sitting on. The other two people were in the room as well, one girl and one boy, I didn't recognize either of them. "Who's that?" "Who, them? That's Kandace and Jack. You don't wanna mess with Jack, he sorta hates everyone. Kandace is okay though, she seems nice enough" "Well, thanks for letting me know. What are we supposed to do here by the way?" "Right now I'm on break so I came and saw that you were waking up and so I stayed. They want us to go to special fire training so that we can fight fire with well. . .water. We are in charge of prisoners who run away. Today I had to take on a girl from our tier and send her back to Renan, because she was trying to get here. I think her name was Katherine"
I gasped,"No, her name couldn't be Katherine. It has to be something else Kathleen, Caitlyn, something!" "No, I'm pretty sure her name was Katherine, but the girl I brought her back to called her Kat. Why's it matter?" "She was my friend from Renan, she was on my tier and we've been friends since Preschool. I only thought about what would happen to me when I was taken, not my friends" "Don't worry kid, it'll be okay" I smiled up at him and he explained that I wasn't trusted to do what he did, so my job was to help the queen and Joey with things around the kingdom until they found a spot for me. "Wait a second! Replay that, I have to help Joey around this place!? Well you better start making my gravestone, because I'm already dead" Carter smiled and whispered,"Don't tell anyone, but I think Joey used to be a flower girl until something happened to her and she came here. Everyone says she wasn't born here, she was taken here. So something must have happened to make her mean, because no flowers act like that", his voice rose again,"but anyways, they told me to take you upstairs when you woke up. So come on"