Chapter 26:

THIRD PERSON OMNISCIENT POV:
The guards down in the dungeon with Joey began to leave. Retreating slowly and keeping their teamwork together as they left. Joey was becoming impatient with them and just wanted them to go so that she could herself ready to leave with Carter.

Meanwhile Carter had just convinced the guards that he could watch Joey while they watched Elaine's speech. They reluctantly agreed and gave Carter the key to Joey's cell.

On stage Elaine was doing a marvelous job telling them the story of how Joey had saved her from that horrible place and all about the horrible things the heaters had done to Joey. Ryes realized that he needed to apologize to Joey and began to leave when he heard Joey's voice on stage.

Carter had retrieved Joey and had brought her to the stage where she walked up as soon as Elaine had stopped speaking about her.

"Hello, everyone. Before anyone says anything. I forgive you if you thought I was evil or I had become a heater. It's very misleading, but as you heard from Her Majesty, Princess Elaine. I did save them and I was forced to do all of those horrible evil things. Now, I would tell you the whole story, but I know you guys would tune out anyways" she smiled at the silent crowd and walked a confused Elaine behind the curtain where she was met with a surprise.

JOEY'S POV:

I turned out of the curtain leading a startled princess to the waiting room. The moment I left the curtain I felt another presence. The princess was pulled from my arms and Ryes kissed me. On the lips!! What?! A second ago he wanted to murder me and now I'm letting him kiss me?! Nah!! I smacked him across the face and smirked. Elaine stood in awe. Obviously knowing that Ryes was the second in command of the Meadow's army. I continued ushering Elaine out of the room while Carter ran to restrain Ryes. I heard him yelling at Carter as I walked Elaine out to the car.

"C'mon Carter! We don't want to be late in Renan!" The princess finally got herself back into consciousness and began to speak.

"We stay here overnight. . . .so we can get to Renan during the day. We also don't just have Carter, but also Layn and he's a-" She said was quickly cut off as a blur of color came up and shook my hand. I stumbled and then looked the boy in the eye. We were the same height, I had always been taller than Elaine.

"Your highness" I said with mock fancyness "Could you continue your former statement" The boy looked at me oddly and then leaned forward where he was much closer to me.

"He's a vampire" she said. And that's all I saw before I felt a sharp pain in my neck and then everything went black.

LAYN'S POV:

I saw a girl dressed in tattered green clothes dragging the princess away and the guard trying to stop the girl was being held back by Carter. I had to get to her, but she didn't look like she was scared so I'm gonna watch what happens first.

"C'mon Carter! We don't want to be late in Renan" The unknown girl said. Then princess Elaine finally started to speak.

"We stay here overnight. . . .so we can get to Renan during the day. We also don't just have Carter, but also Layn and he's a-" I've gotta do it now before this unknown girl knows what I am. I sprinted my hardest for the girl. I was in front of her in mere seconds. I reached out and shook her hand like a gentleman, but she decided to be smart about it.

"You highness. Could you continue with your former statement?" She said I wondered why she was talking in the tone she was. I moved closer to her and waited for Elaine to continue.

"He's a vampire" Elaine said and as quick as a flash I sunk my fangs into her neck, her blood was not as delicious as Elaine's it was just ok. It was like eating salad. When I was sure she was knocked out I stopped.