Chapter 15:

When we got inside I went to bed, put on pjs and almost immediately fell asleep. Just before I fell asleep I thought "Tomorrow I go to school, wow. . ." And then I fell asleep.
--
"Guys! Wake up! It's time too get ready for school!" Mom called. I heard three groans, including my own. I put on my blue sweatshirt and black skinny jeans that made my long legs look even longer and some black vans. I looked so great, we didn't have stuff like this back at home so it was really cool. I walked upstairs and grabbed some frosted flakes. I poured the milk and ate, Carter and Kandace slowly dragged themselves upstairs. They ate and Mom and Dad drove us to school. They said they had to go to work, but they would pick us up here after school. We said bye to Mom and Dad and walks in to our first day in. . . Middle School.
--
Me and Carter had most of the same classes we were in 7th grade. Kandace was a year older than us, even though she was shorter than us and she was in 8th grade. We walked in to homeroom and sat down next to each other we had Science which had become my favorite subject when I moved here.
We were new here and I could tell that everyone already had their little groups. I decided that our group could be me, Carter and Kandace unless we met someone else to join. The room was well decorated, there were posters all over the walls and all the lights were off except the lamps that were spread around the room. It calmed me down and it calmed down Carter too much I realized as I looked over at him. He was asleep! I smiled and I thought maybe I should wake him up. . .or I could let the teacher wake him up when she walked in to class.
I smirked, tomorrow I thought if he sleeps again tomorrow I'll let the teacher wake him, but today I'll take care of it. First I whispered "Carter. . .Carter wake up" Then louder "Carter wake up" then as loud as I could without being heard by the teacher in the hall or being thought of weirdly by other students "Carter WAKE UP!" He jumped and I saw his eyes turn blue and knew he had prepped himself to use his ability. "The teacher will be here any second and you need to be awake, come on" I nudged him and I saw his face fall on the desk hitting his forehead. I smiled he really did look adorable with his beach blond hair. I stared off into space, but then snapped to attention and woke up Carter when the teacher walked in. He sat up and watched as the teacher walked to the board and wrote her name. Mrs.Mantilla I read off the board. One name down four to go. We only had five blocks at school which worked great for me. I listened as Mrs.M as she had told us to call her went on and on about rules and what we would learn in her class.
We went to second block and I met Mr.Dranell he was my Language Arts teacher he seemed pretty nice. Next we had free period I had band and Carter had art. I could never draw, but I could keep a beat so I joined band as I new drummer. I walked in to band and saw the drums in the back I walked back and saw five boys. Great I thought me and five boys working together all year. The teacher walked in his name was Mr.Leiter he smiled at the class and said "You guys all know how class works it is your second year after all. Except for Elaine. Elaine come up here please".
Great I thought now I have to stand in front of a group and introduce my self and what school I went to and stuff like that. Here goes nothing. When I got to the front he told me to tell them about myself. I said that I was adopted and that I had been homeschooled, but I had gotten private lessons from a teacher named Mr.Jacks he taught me everything I knew I told them. It was pretty true because back home the drummer in Joey's group was always called Jacks I don't know if that was his name, but that's what they called him. After I finished it was almost time to change classes. They had asked me a lot of questions and I answered them.
The bell rang and I hurried to math to meet with Carter. He told me art was great and I told him about band. The teacher droned on and on, but all I really cared about was his name he was Mr.Gunner he was nice and I knew his class would be easy, every class would be easy except band. Joey had given us all information except the arts she said we had to have real talent for that. We moved on to our last class we had World Geography, it was easy and so was the teacher I knew I would like it here Carter and I left and waited outside for Mom and Dad with Kandace. She told us about her day and how she met this cute boy named Andrew, she said they were even the same height and we laughed. Mom pulled up and we all got in the car and told her about our days. She was very happy with how they turned out. Kandace didn't tell her about Andrew though and we all knew not to. When we got home we ate dinner and told Dad about our days. When I layed down in bed I knew I would be happy here.
A/N Sorry if you this chapter is a little short. :/