Chapter 3

Zak's POV

I was worried about Zelk-extremely worried. He hadn't posted anything on his Twitter or YouTube channel for a few days now. It was odd because he's usually quite active on YouTube and Twitter. The last time I saw him, or have heard from him, was when we were recording that day.

Meanwhile, Mega seemed extra upset and troubled recently. He would keep ranting to me about why Zelk wouldn't respond to any of his messages-in fact...he just did that a few minutes ago-

"Come on Zelk. I hope you're okay." I mumbled, after remembering about how he had just suddenly left without any reason. I scrolled through Twitter and texted Darry/Bad here and there.

I was peacefully laying down on my bed when I heard a DING from my phone. I checked to see who it was from. It was from..

Zelk

"Omg. Finally! He responded after so long! Please tell me that the tiger's alright." I said before reading the message he had sent.

Idot Tiger🐯✌🏻
Zak, can you get on ts for a while.
I just have something important and urgent to tell you.
Read 7:04pm

"He seems fine...but I could be entirely wrong"
I wasn't sure whether Zelk was fine. He could be faking it-
I hurried to my desk and quickly turned on my PC. Then, I opened up TeamSpeak;

You have been moved

"Zelk? Are you okay?! What did you want to tell me?!" I said quickly.

My mind was filled with questions to ask-but I didn't. Zelk seemed like he has something important to tell me...
I heard a sudden, loud, violent cough from the other end if the mic.

"Z-Zak" I heard him say afterwards.
"Oh my god, are you okay, you're coughing more violently than before." I said.
"Zak I hav- *cough* Ha-aki- disease-"

I couldn't understand what he was saying due to his extremely violent coughing and his poop internet.

"Zelk I didn't understand anything you said- All I heard we're coughs!"

I didn't want to say anything about his poop server or make jokes about it because he looks like he has something serious to say. He went into a fit of coughing before calming down and taking a deep breath.

"I SAID, I HAVE HANAHAKI DISEASE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, IM SCARED!" I heard him screamed out loud.
"Sorry but What's Hanahaki disease?" I asked, in confusion.
"Search it up..." I heard him muttered before proceeding to mute himself.

I listened to him and searched up 'Hanahaki disease' on Google.
What I had found scared me.

"Wait what- he has this disease?!" I said in my head. I quickly continued reading the rest of the article.

"OH MY GOD ZELK  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER!?- WHEN DID IT STARTED?!" I said, panicked.
"A-around the day *cough* we were recording"
"Oh my- ZELK THAT WAS WEEKS AGO- I DONT WANT YOU TO DIE, ARE YOU GONNA REMOVE IT WITH SURGERY OR-?"

"NO!" He yelled out loud before softly muttering out; "S-Sorry I just don't *cough* want to lose my memories of whoever my c-crush was..."
"Wait a minute- you don't know who your crush is?"
"y-yea..."

"Oh no this was bad. Really bad. Zelk didn't even know his crush and he wouldn't want to remove the disease by going through surgery." I said in my head. "What do I do. What do I do?"

I was thinking if a plan to help Zelk. That's when I remember about the flowers.
"Right! If we know what flower it is, we can narrow down who Zelk's crush might be!"

"Zelk- what type of flowers are they?-" I asked in a rush, not realising that Zelk was...

I heard muffled sobs from his mic. It was painful to see...well hear him like this. I could hear him silently screaming, suffocating with each breath he took. I relate to that.

"That's the fucking problem!" Zelk said quickly afterwards.
"What? Why?"

"THEY ARE ROSES!"

My eyes widened. "Roses?" I said, "but don't Roses have..."
"Thorns" Zelk said, finishing my sentence.

I felt bad for Zelk at this point. He was hurt- in pain. And we didn't even know who his crush was. And even worse, he was coughing out rose petals. I could hear him sniffing as quiet as he can-

"That's it, I'm going over to your house right now" I said firmly, before standing up and walking over to my backpack.

"No no wait! you don't have *cough* to!"
"I want to. Please Zelk, I want to help you"

There was silence for a while-well almost silence. I could still hear coughs from Zelk's mic.

"F-fine" Zelk muttered, "Also, do you know anyone who likes roses?"

Not gonna lie, but I had completely forgotten about that part. Besides, there was only 2 people, who both me and Zelk knew, who liked roses. And if Zelk is not that close to Darryl-He's mine anyways-, it leaves...

"Mega"

Author's Notes:
-IM STILL AT ONLINE SCHOOL LMAO-
-There might be some mistakes because I was writing and didn't double check .-.
-Hope you enjoy!

Written: 19/05/2020
Edited: 19/05/2020
Edited(Rewrite): 21/05/2020
Edited(Rewrite 2): 23/05/2020
Edited (Rewrite again): 25/06/2020