Important! -Wattpad Hacked-

So guys, Wattpad has apparently gotten hacked a few weeks ago. Over 278 million records were exposed and shared onto "hacker" websites. You guys have to reset your password! I have a friend whose Wattpad account had gotten hacked and now she can't log back in.

How do I know if I've been hacked?
To check if you were hacked/affected, go to "https://haveibeenpwned.com/" and enter your email of your Wattpad account that is linked to. I've just reset my password even though I was not one of the users who were hacked (just in case)

My Wattpad account example:

What to do if you've been hacked: (Not an expert but I think this will work)1) Do not panic

1) Do not panic. Stay calm.
2) Change your password and enable two-factor authentication.
2) Share this with everyone you know. 272 million users were affected and they all need to know about it!

What to do if your friend/someone you know got hacked:
1) Tell them that everything will be alright. Make sure they are calm and not panicking.
2) Tell them to change their password and enable two-factor authentication.
3) Be sure to tell them to share this information with everyone else!

⚠️This is not a joke⚠️
If you guys want to find out more about this topic, read the latest chapter of Zodiac Scenarios by @SmexyEmo
It shows screenshots of some info about it. Our privacy is in danger and we need to do something about it. Please spread awareness about this and make sure to text anyone you know who used Wattpad.

Some Evidence that this is not some weird fake joke:

I can't believe Wattpad haven't informed us about this

I can't believe Wattpad haven't informed us about this. And it has been weeks >:(

Thanks to the following for telling me about this! <3
FoodAU
@/socialsecurity.official (Instagram account)

This was Written on 23th of July 2020