Chapter 10

Zelk's POV

"Fuck, why didn't I say no" I said in my head before spitting out more roses.
"AND I TOOK SO LONG TO REPLY! HE'S PROBABLY ANNOYED AND MAD AT ME FOR GODS SAKE!" I shouted out loud before going into a fit of coughing.

"Zelk, I-"

"I- said y-yes" I told Zak, looking at the bloodied-hard floor, "I don't know why I did-"
"It's fine Zelk, we can quickly clean up this mess before they arrive!"
"It's not that easy Zak..." I muttered before coughing again, "Plus, What if they find out?!"

"Argh why couldn't I just say no to Mega?!" I said in my head.

I covered my face with my hands. I was so frustrated that anytime I was about to burst into tears. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. And then I felt something solid on my shoulder. I glanced over my shoulder-It was Zak.

"Hey don't cry," he said, "don't worry about it."
I coughed. "But-"
"Zelk. What happens if they find out? Nothing bad will happen.
"But if Mega finds out," I coughed, "he's going to hate me forever!" I yelled, as tears finally came tumbling down my cheeks, "AND-AND OUR FRIENDSHIP WILL BE RU-RUINED!"

More rose petals and blood came. I spat it out. The bloody-petals slowly falling down onto the ground.

"ZELK! He will never hate you" Zak comforted me.

I looked at him. I wasn't sure whether I could believe those words he said. Is Zak right?... I looked up at the wall in front of me. The fan-art of me and Mega hung there. I was careful not to ruin or get any blood on the wall of fan-arts from my YouTube fans. I sighed.

"But-" I started in a small whisper. Another rough cough escaped my mouth, causing more petals to fall out along side more blood.
"Trust me on this. He won't hate you" Zak said, confident in his answer.

I didn't know why but I just got that feeling that Zak was hiding something from me. I ignored it anyways. I still didn't believe him but stayed silent instead. I sighed again.

Zak stood up and headed downstairs. I coughed before I followed after him. Thoughts started to cloud my mind, but only one managed to escape-
"Won't this ruin my friendship with Mega?"

I feel an uncomfortable feeling of tightness in my chest. My heart started beating faster and I started taking shorter and quicker breaths. It was hard to breathe-and hard to make my way downstairs. But I did anyways. I saw Zak grabbed a mop from the spare room that I kept all my extra stuff in. I headed there and was about to grab the broom when I started coughing violently again. The petals slowly twirling and falling onto the tiled-floor.

"Zak. How am I supposed to clean when I-" I said before coughing another petal.
"Good question." Zak replied, looking at the petals that now laid below my feet, "maybe I'll clean while you rest in your room?"
"What but-"
"At least the house will be cleaner when our friends arrive"
"But, I don't *cough* want you to clean alone!" I told him, "besides I'm supposed to be doing that! Not you!"
"No it's fine! That's what friends are for" Zak said, grabbing the broom from the room.

I looked down at the ground again. I felt useless and I felt like I was a burden to everyone in my life-including my friends.

"I-I'm sorry" I muttered, before I let out another cough.
"What-? Why are you apologising?" Zak asked.
I coughed. "Uhrm- Ne-Never mind" I said before walking back upstairs.

As I went up the stairs, I felt something stuck in my throat. I was struggling to spit the object out. I felt like I was choking. I peaked at Zak for a while. He looked at me with a worried look before my vision went blurry. I tried to quickly run to the nearest bathroom. I could hear his quick but heavy footsteps chasing after me. My vision became blurrier and blurrier by the second. And the sound around me slowly went silent. Until...

*Thud*
*Thump*

Then everything around me disappeared into the-

Darkness

Author's Notes:
-I was gonna write more in this chapter but I had to end it there because I just thought of an idea for the next chapter (and yes the next chapter will be longer👌)
-Hope you guys enjoy this chapter lol

Written: 02/06/2020
Rewrite: 29/06/2020

Written: 02/06/2020Rewrite: 29/06/2020