Chapter 23

Zelk's POV

This was harder than I thought.

Soon, more people had arrived at my house. They came one after another. It started with Vincent, then George (Spifey), then Finn, and so on... I was shocked by the number of people that Mega had managed to contact.

"I can't believe he did this for my birthday-" I said in my head, feeling my cheeks heat up slowly.

They all gathered in the living room, having a conversation with each other. Meanwhile, Mega was always by my side. Wherever I went, he would follow- except the bathroom of course. I was delighted to have him always with me. But that also made things harder for me...

It was hard to hide the petals and blood.-Hard to hide the flower blooming out of my eye-Hard to hide my illness.I sighed. It's only 12pm and I can't find a way to hide my illness anymore. I had to force myself to swallow the thorns and petals down to avoid the others from finding out about the Hanahaki disease. I glanced down at the sink-the roses were nearly fully-bloomed, and I could feel the thorns piercing into my left wrist. It stings. This was the last stage before my death....

Tears escaped my eyes, running away upon my cheeks. I wasn't crying because of the pain, I was crying because I knew that I only had a few more hours-or even minutes left to live, unless I confessed. I was panicking in the inside. It just hurts. But in that context, the word 'hurt' holds a lot more meaning than usual definitions. It is a lingering pain, one you can only shake by gaining a greater perspective, by standing back and imaging yourself as someone who loves you. Then you would ask, "What would they say about all this? What might their advice be?"

I looked at my reflection. "I have to confess-" I said, "I have to confess right now-"
I washed my face and dried it with a towel. Then I turned around.

"Otherwise...it might be too late to save me-"

Mega's POV

Today was fun...except for the fact that Zelk hasn't been acting like himself.... He looks so excited and happy but for some reason I just don't think that's how he's really feeling... I looked around. Darryl and Zak were talking to Vincent. Finn and Spifey were also having a conversation with each other. And the others were somewhere outside or in the kitchen. It was lonely when Zelk wasn't with me. Since I didn't want to speak in front of the others. Plus, hanging out with Zelkie was much better.

Zelk went to the bathroom just now. It was odd since he had already went to the bathroom 6 times. And it's only been like 2 hours. "What the heck is Zelk doing in there for so long?" I asked myself. But something else had confused me much more than that. Very frequently, Zelk would look like he had to swallow something and tears would start to form in his eyes. I would ask whether he was alright but he would always reply saying that he's fine. I sighed. "

"What is happening with my poor Zelk :("

That's when I heard the sound of a creaky door opening. I turned around-it was Zelk. I wrote down "What took you so long?" on the notepad and showed it to him. He slowly read it and then mumbles something.

"What?" I wrote.
"I need to talk to you in private..." he whispered into my ear softly before quickly heading outside.
"Weird." I said in my head as I ran after him.

Soon I found him standing outside. I looked around to check whether anybody was there before saying;
"So what do you want to say?"
"Well...Uhrm..." Zelk muttered, "you see..."
"Mega-I just wanted to s-say that I lo-"

H̴̲͗͑͌͠a̴͔̹̘͓̦͚̠͌́͂̂̅̈́͘͜͝n̵̘͔͈̹̝͕͕̥̯̓́̽͠͝à̷̧̢̻̟̥͕̙͉̣̳h̴̩͚̀̽̽̔̉͑̚̕a̶̝̫͍͇̼͒̽̃́̆̇̓k̷̨̤͓̬͈̲̘̃̽̋̆̃̀̈́͋͘̚į̵̼͙̊̎̃͑̐̾ ̸̨͚͚̖͚͗̈̈́̋͝L̶̨̞̯̞̲̪̮̬͕͕̲͊͊͒̇̾ą̷̛̩̬̩͚̘̰͈͌̂͆̂͌ͅs̷̛̫̩̜̳̍̐̎̽͘t̵͙̗͂ ̶͚̘̞̫̠̼͉̤̄̾̊́͆͋̄̀̕ͅs̴̭̼͚̪̩̤͆̇̐ẗ̴̘̘̲̫̠͎̲̳͔̪́̀͛̈̄͜á̶̺̙͉̳̺̰͇̣͇̖͈̄̔̈́̕g̷̝͙͔͈̥̣̰̰̬̣͒̎̅̊̈́͝ͅē̶̼͍̜̹̻͉͂̿͗̐̈͆́͝͠ͅ
̵͍̞̼̮͇̜͈̥̣̇̂̄͛̐͑̇͠L̶̡̼̘̺̗͔̓ͅå̶̢s̵̙͕̗̎̿͋̐ţ̵̨̺͇̞̖̾͊̈͛̒̒̋͒̋̂͝ ̵͔̰̗̠͖͊̂̇̍͊̐̐̽͒̽͜s̷̩̈́͝t̷̙̠̉a̶̧͎͖̹̗͎͍͂͆͒͝ͅg̵̛̥͚̥͇̪̟͉͙̻̫̈́̉̽̆̇̋̕͝͝ͅe̵̜̲̖̼͔͉͓̖͌̈͌̂̊͐͠
̴̼͉̮̳͙̻̎͊͗͒̂L̶̢̤̘̣̪̜͗͆́̏̇̿̇̽̈́̚͝a̵͚̯̾̑̀͝ş̷̭̘͕̗͓́̉͋̋͜͝͝ͅţ̵̛̤͍̀̍͂̀̿͝ ̷̺̗̭̩̿̽̓̈́̓̉͋̄s̴̪̮̟͎̝͈̘͒͐̈́̿̄̕ͅt̶̬̦̘̲̭̫̟́͒̅̇̇̇̆̉̆͜͝ͅa̶̧̦̭̥̗̞͈̠̐́̾̋̊͒̃̇̅̀ǵ̵͍͔̮͙̍͊́́̎̕e̴̢̯̫̗̮͂̓̎̽̈̍̽̀̊̆͘