Chapter 20

Mega's POV

...

"I deserved it...." I muttered while searching around for some kind of Medical Kit.

It's now 1:30am and I'm still awake. That incident had just happened an hour ago. I could feel my body hurting in pain as I wobbled towards the bathroom downstairs. I opened the door and then stared at the mirror. The bruise that had begun as a purple stain above my eyebrow and had sunk into the socket itself, and so now it had the appearance of a black eye. There was also a small but fresh cut on my other eye. My reflection stared unhelpfully back at me from the mirror as I attempted to hide or diminish the bruises and cuts. I then gently took off my shirt. Purple welts were scattered across my abdomen like a disease. It hurt to breathe and I wondered if some ribs were cracked. I sighed.

"I didn't mean to be so nosy-" I said in my head.
"And how did Zak get THAT strong."
"I swear to god he couldn't even punch me back then..."

I was pissed off and annoyed. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down even though it hurt to breathe. After I've calmed down, I took a moment to think...

"Zak couldn't be the one behind that door. There's only two bedrooms so Darryl is probably sleeping with Zak... so the person who was crying was..."

"Zelk?"

Zak's POV

"Mega what do you think you're doing?!" I said out loud.
"I-I was just-"
"Save it! Ever heard of privacy?!"
"I-I'm sorry, I just th-thought t-that-"

Our voices rose above the sacred silence. A glance, touch, and one small comment stirred a hurricane of harsh and horsed insults. Our own Pandora boxes opened, sending each word full speed ahead to shatter our souls into a million pieces.

"YOU MUTE YOU CANT JUST GO FUCKING RANDOMLY EAVESDROPPING ON RANDOM PEOPLE" I yelled.
"I KNOW I KNOW BUT I WAS JUST CURIOUS AND IM NOT A MUTE- I JUST DONT LIKE TALKING YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!" He replied furiously.

Every time he opened his mouth I got angrier. "Look, I'm sorry for doing that, okay? Now can you just go back to sleep with that Darryl" He said. And then I just snapped. All that rage came out faster than magma and just as destructive. It consumed all that he was, so delicate under that carefully ordered world. He shrivelled before me but I kept on going, stopping short of physical violence but doing far more damage with my words. I kept on going, and going, and going.

I stared at him. I could see the hurt in his eyes. There was stream of blood dripping down from one of his eyes. And that's when I realised what I had just done. I gasped. Slowly walking backwards in fear. "No no no no-" I muttered, trembling. Tears slowly formed in my eyes. "I-I'm a monster-" I said in my head as I turned around and ran to the bedroom, closing the door shut as quick as I could.

"I can't believe- I just beaten up Mega for eavesdropping on Zelk- I'm-I'm a monster" I stuttered as I fell on the floor.
My dark brown eyes looked as if an ocean had been encased inside of small glass marbles. Then the smooth spheres appeared to be cracked; the ocean had started to leak, little water droplets streamed down my cheeks.

Slowly, I crawled towards the bed. Darryl was sleeping peacefully on it-or so I thought. The moment I crawled into the bed, Darryl turned around, like he knew I had been crying. "Why are you crying muffin?" He asked. I looked down as more tears rolled down my cheeks. I didn't know how to answer- I just couldn't reply.

"Oh you poor muffin, come here" Darryl said, wiping away my tears and then pulling me into a cuddle.

It made me smile a little. It felt like a blanket of warmth. It took a while but I started to felt this blackness come over me. Like a blanket, but not a blanket of warmth like Darryl but a blanket of coldness that is making me shiver. But somehow it's making my eyes feel heavier and heavier. I finally closed my eyes, eventually sending me into a dreamless sleep.

Zelk's POV

I coughed again, then wiping my tears away. I swore I heard some kind of yelling outside my room just now. I sighed. Maybe I'm just imagining it. My head still hurts from hitting my head against the wall repetitively in frustration. More petals and blood came as I started coughing more.

"How do I tell Mega this-?"

Authors Notes:
-idk lol
-hopefully autocorrect wasn't being stupid again lol
-hope you enjoy anyways!

Written: 17/07/2020 (11:59Pm LMAO)