Chapter 24

Hours turned into days. And days turn into weeks. Soon it has already been a month since Zelk has been in a coma. His heartbeat has started to slowed down due to the roots of the flower wrapping around his heart.

Zak's POV

"So how's Zelk doing so far?" I asked the nurse.
"He's doing better then usual. I'm pretty sure your friend is going to wake up soon." The nurse replied with a warm smile.
"That's great then! How long do you think it's going to take?.
"Depen-" The nurse said before stopping herself as she peaks into the glass window of Zelk's room.

She looks as if she was examining something. A few minutes goes by as she calls for the doctors. Afterwards, she turns around, looks at me and smiles.

"I think your friend...."

Mega's POV

I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my shins; if I could just curl up into a ball, I wouldn't have to face real life, I'd be protected from everything around me.But I'd still have to live with myself, with the wretched memories of Zelkie swirling around in my head. My eyes, already red and puffy from crying, squeezed shut to push more tears out. I let my head fall down to my knees, and I pulled my legs closer to me. No matter what I did, there was no where I could hide from the thoughts in my head.

They keep telling me to forget, to let him go. How? It's all part of me, I can't let go of the pain without loosing something sacred. The good memories keep me going and the bad ones make me want to curl under the duvet and never come out again, but they are locked tight together like two sides of the same coin. I hadn't gotten any sleep this few weeks. I just can't stop thinking about that guy. Memories came by one after the other, filling my head with even more sadness...

♥︎♥︎♥︎
Z: "Hey Mega, you're cute"
M: "What the fuck, I'm unDerAge yOuRe gOinG tO gO tO jAil"
Skep: "Wait what happened when I was afk?"
Z: "Er nothing!"
♥︎♥︎♥︎
M: "I can't sleep"
Z: "Mhmm me too, wanna FaceTime?"
M: "No let's meet up somewhere :>"
♥︎♥︎♥︎
M: "Hey we should rename the command"
Z: "Why?"
M: "It sounds weird and people will think that we aren't professional"
Z: "Oh shut it you mute"
M: "Oh wow :<"
♥︎♥︎♥︎

As I recalled every memory of me and Zelk, my mind starts to wonder. "When will he wake up?" Tears flooded my eyes as I remembered that Zelk was just a few days away from suffocating to death. The spread of the Hanahaki disease has gotten worse and Zelk hasn't shown any signs of waking up.

That's when I heard my phone ring. I sat up. I reached for my phone that's on the desk beside me. The room was completely surrounded by darkness. I hadn't left the spare bedroom in Zelk's house for a week now. The only light source was the light brightness coming from my phone as I switched it on to accept the call. Ever since I revealed my voice, people have been talking about it for non-stop.

"Mega Hey!" I heard Zak said in an excited way.
"What do you want Zak-" I said, dully.
"A simple hello would have been nice"
"oh right yeap. I'm just gonna pretend that my crush isn't dying in the hospital or anything and just say hello like everything is fine!"
"....mega I-"
"never mind... what did you want to tell me anyways?"
"Uhrm. I just called to tell you that..."
"What?! Really?!"
"Yea-"
"OKAY IM GOING RIGHT NOW SEE YOU LATER BYE"

I hopped out of my bed and quickly changed my clothes. "I can't believe it." I said in my head as I quickly combed my messy hair and left the room as quick as I could. I sprinted down the stairs, almost tripping over myself and headed outside. I then call for a taxi.

"I can't believe it-" I repeatedly told myself.

"I can't believe that he is awake"

Authors Notes:
-quite a short chapter idk why
-rushed slightly because I had to do something else important .-.
-I did not check my grammar so idk if I write anything wrong lol
-hope you guys enjoyed anyways :>

Written: 29/07/2020