end

A few months later. . .

Shaun entered his room, where there was already a mess forming from his two room mates. He wiped the beads of sweat off his face and placed the backpack on his bed.

Brandon and Gio were busy fixing their things. Shaun sat down on the bed below his and sighed.

"Where's Ryan?" he asked them.

"I don't know," Gio replied, not looking at him while he carried a bunch of folded shirts and placed them in his big luggage.

Brandon looked at Shaun for a second and didn't say a word. Then he turned to his locker and pulled out some more of his things.

"It's really cool how time actually flies by so fast," Brandon muttered.

"Yeah," Gio agreed. "One time we're just nobodies but now it's the last day of class and I can't wait to go out."

"What are you going to do for the summer vacation?"

"I don't know, really."

"Hmm." Shaun watched as Brandon closed his luggage. "I'm done."

"Lucky," Gio groaned. "I still have a few other things I need to pack."

He snickered. "Alright. Imma carry this down." He lifted his luggage past the door and disappeared from Shaun's view.

Gio took a deep breath and placed his hands on his hips. He got a towel and wiped the sweat off his face. "Hey, Shaun."

"Yeah?"

"What are you gonna do for the summer?"

Shaun sighed. Mom was never the traveller type because she always had work in the summer too. She was usually busier during that time; mostly he was left with the house to himself. But he wasn't sure now.

"I. . .I don't know, honestly." He chuckled. "Usually I stay at home, play video games, that kind of shit."

He sighed. "Well, I'm going to go somewhere."

"Really? That's cool."

He bit his lip. "Yeah, about that. . ."

"Oh hey man!" came a new voice from outside the room. Gio looked and waved at whoever the person was. Shaun had to stand up and see for himself.

Seb walked into the room. "Hey, Shaun." He grinned deviously, as if he was planning something. Shaun really had to be careful with everyone nowadays. "Congrats on getting ya partner."

Shaun smiled weakly. "Yeah. Thanks." Butterflies danced in his stomach.

He turned to Gio. "You have something for me."

"Oh yeah, right." Gio pulled out a wallet and gave him some money. Seb took the money and placed it in his pocket.

"Alright." He grinned again. "Thanks, bro. See you soon." Seb turned his heel and walked away, closing the door behind him.

Shaun raised an eyebrow. "What's up with him?"

"How am I supposed to know?!" Gio exclaimed, catching Shaun off guard. "He's always up to something."

"What's he up to this time. . ?"

They were both silent for a few seconds. But then Shaun sighed. "I think it's best we'll leave him be."

"Right." Gio elbowed him. "I think you should get packing. Summer doesn't wait for us."

He chuckled. "Yeah, right. But I have one last thing to do first."