Nighthawks pt.1

It was Monday morning. I felt really lazy to get off of the bed but I have to get to school so miraculously I found a way to get up. I quickly put on some makeup, tied my hair up in a high ponytail and put on the first sweater I could find along with a pair of jeans and sneakers.

Once I finished getting ready I made my way downstairs to have some breakfast. My parents along with Polly and Betty were all already sat eating their pancakes with bacon.

"Hey guys," I smiled at the group as I made my way to my seat next to Betty.

My mother looked up, "you woke up awfully late this morning."

"I know," I shook my head looking down at the plate of food in front of me. "I just haven't been sleeping well lately."

"How come?" My Dad perked up.

I shrugged as I glanced at my sister who was awfully quiet. "Just overthinking that's all."

He nodded before we continued on chowing down our meal. The whole time it was pretty quiet other than small talk between Mom and Polly about the baby she was yet to have.

Once breakfast was over, Betty and I excused ourselves before making our way to school. I couldn't help but ask why she was so quiet and was acting strange.

"Betty," I turned my head to the blonde next to me, "What's wrong?"

She shook her head as if bringing herself back into reality. "Nothing, why?"

"Umm Maybe because I haven't heard a word from you all day until now." I stated as if it was obvious. "What's going on?"

She seemed to have second thought about what to say before finally letting it out. "Okay, I don't want you to worry but I think that Mr. Andrews' shooter might've been..."

"Miles Miller." I nod finishing her sentence. "I've been thinking the same thing too, Betts."

"Have you talked to Mom and Dad about it yet?"

I shook my head, "Not Dad But I have with Mom when she picked me up from the hospital the other day."

"Oh," she nodded before confusion flashed onto her face. "Wait, didn't Dad go with Mom to pick you up last night?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as if it was obvious that he didn't go. "Umm, no. It was just Mom."

"That's odd." Betty shrugged.

I giggled, "Betty, everything is odd in this town."

"I guess you're right." She smiled before we walked through the doors of Riverdale High. We both dispersed to our separate lockers before classes start.

- -

Lunch came around and we were back outside. I sat between my sister and Jughead. Archie and Veronica were situated across from us. Jughead was telling us his story about what happened at Pop's. In the weeks following the attack at the restaurant, Mr. Andrews finally returned home and thankfully both Archie and Jughead were able to take their casts off.

Jughead looked down as he continued, "Its another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit. He's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open, maybe not even a week."

"It's because of what happened to my Dad." Archie sighed, "People are freaking out and I gotta be honest guys, I don't see myself going back anytime soon."

"Wait I'm sorry, am I hearing acceptance?" Betty looked at Archie expectantly.

I was on the same page as my sister about this. There's no way I'm letting Pop's shut down. "I agree with Betty, guys. I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to your place."