Nighthawks pt.3

The next day Jughead and I met up at Pop's. We were eager to find out who's buying the shop. Plates were put in front of Jug and I both of us eating but the emptiness of the diner put a pit in my stomach.

"So why'd you do it Pop?" Jughead asked the older man. "They make you an offer you couldn't refuse?"

"Who's buying it? Do you even know?" I look up.

Pop sighed, "It shames me to say. ChugMo."

"The liquor store chain?" My eyes widened.

My boyfriend sighed at the news. "Hey, could I make a request of you, Pop?" He shook his head looking back at Pop Tate. "For a last supper?"

"Anything you want." Pop shrugged.

Jughead sighed looking down, "Actually, it's not for me. It's for my Dad. He's facing twenty years of that weird meatloaf they serve prisoners. So, barring an eleventh hour miracle, I was kind of hoping that for his last meal in Riverdale you could make him his favourite."

"Friend chicken, cornbread, onion rings and orange freeze, if memory serves." Pop closed his eyes remembering Mr. Jones' order from the top of his head.

"That's very ray man of you, Pop." Jughead chuckled as a smile appeared across my face.

"Been doing this alone time. Thought I'd be doing it until the day I die."

"This is...unacceptable." I shook my head mumbling loud enough for both men to hear me.

Jughead turned to look at me, "What?"

"Just everything." I admitted. "Pop, have you officially sold the diner?"

"The contracts being drawn up," he stated.

I nodded, "Do not sign it. Okay, do not give up. Either of you. I can fix this alright, I will fix this." I stood up fumbling to grab my things kissing Jughead on the cheek and waving Pop goodbye.

Thankfully, I knew exactly where my victim was. Earlier I had cheer practise and I know that Cheryl always stays behind a bit later meaning that I'll be able to be alone with her. As usual, the redhead was face first in a mirror, trying to fix up her makeup. She only as her undergarments on not leaving me surprised whatsoever.

She gasped as the locker room door closed and turned to face me. "Give a girl a warning, will you?"

"You want closure, Cheryl. I want to help my boyfriends Dad." I walked closer to her hands on each hip.

"I already told you..." Cheryl started as she put on a skirt before I cut her off.

"And I'm telling you, to help Fp. Or-"

"Or what?" She interrupted.

"Or I release the video of your father shooting Jason. Try having closure with that out in the world." I threaten glaring dead eye at her as I leaned against a few lockers away from hers.

Cheryl looked speechless and sort of shocked. "I thought you gave that damned thumb drive to Sheriff Keller."

"No," I admitted crossing my arms over my chest. "Not before I saved a copy onto Jughead's laptop. One click, and the darkest chapter of your families twisted psycho drama becomes a viral sensation."

Cheryl's face became stern as she glared right back at me. "Are you threatening me."

I smirked walking closer and closer to her until we were inches apart. "This? No. No, this is fun girl talk. You could save a man's life. Think about that. A nice ending to a sad story."