chapter 16

CHAPTER 16: THE BATTLE OF FEAR

Michael didn’t want to move, he only sat in the grass and held Veemon and Patamon close to him.

“How are you guys here? I mean I left your eggs back at the palace?”

“ Withcmon’s egg wasn’t the only egg that was brought back to life, archamonda brought both of us back to life as well so we could help you defeat dark gennai,” Patamon said as he rested himself on his tamers head.

“We’ve been waiting here with gennai for the past few days, waiting for you to finally show up, Mikey. You sure took your sweet time getting here.” veemon said.

Michael hugged veemon lovingly, he missed the sound of veemons lisp.

“Michael, I suggest you and your partners leave while you can, Tomoko doesn’t have much time left,” Gennai said.

Michael looked at both of his partners and pulled out his makeshift D-3.

“Michael, what happened to your old one?” Patamon asked.

“It got lost after you two died. This one is better,” Michael said.

Let’s test it out then.” Patamon said excitedly.

Patamon flew off the island and below a cliff, Michael pressed the central button and instead of Patamon flying back up, it was Ice Birdramon. Michael smiled as he felt the comforting chill of the bird Digimon. Ice birdramon flew over to the two and covered him in his enormous snow-covered wings.

Michael wished that this moment could last forever but he knew it couldn’t.

“C’mon veemon, let's go teach Dark gennai what happens when you mess with a DigiDestined.” Michael said

Veemon nodded in agreement.

Ice birdramon then grabbed the two in his beak and threw both of them into his back.

Michael looked down at gennai.

“Aren’t you coming?”

Gennai shook his head no.

“I have to stay here, Michael. I have to give guidance to those who come to seek it.” Gennai replied.

Ice birdramon then flew away and gennai waved goodbye.

“Good luck, Michael.”

(The Death rider)

"This has gone too far!!" Akumon shouted as Dark gennai and Yuki brought Tomoko into the bridge.

"You better have brought this human female to me as a snack! otherwise, you better have a good excuse for leaving me here to prepare for the upcoming attack by myself!"

"I don't have time for your complaints, akumon. I have more important things to deal with."

Dark gennai looked over at two messenger robots.

"Bring the girl to the brig...put her in an empty cell, I don't want her forming any attachments to other Prisoners as Izumi did."

"Do you wish us to treat the subject with care?" the first messenger asked.

"She'll be dead soon so..no."

The messenger robot then grabbed Tomoko by her hair and dragged her to the brig.

"Why did you bring this little girl here, Gennai?" Akumon asked.

" We are going to sacrifice her to the garnet so Yuki may be giving its immense power then we will use this power to destroy the DigiDestined."