Theory 10 - The Deal With Richelle And Emily

Theory 10:

So, we know already that Emily is still pretty upset (though she doesn't admit it) over Michelle leaving The Next Step. We also know, as TNS had stated on their season 7 Q&A on their Instagram story, that "Michelle broke Emily" and "Emily's story this season is fueled by how Michelle was the person she leant on."

In the trailer, at 0:50, Emily says, "I don't tell you guys enough, but I love you. And I'm so, so proud of each and every one of you, and the person you've become... So let's go kill this dance." The shot of her saying part of this is when she is presumably at Dancemania, and the team are about to perform. And another thing that doesn't happen often: Emily is crying. Maybe this had something to do with Michelle's influence on her?

Some fans did predict that Emily was going to leave either this season or after this season. If Emily did leave, there would be no original A-Troupe members still at The Next Step. Though it is a possibility, we know that Emily enjoys being Studio Head at TNS and who knows, maybe she could even end up co-owning TNS with Nick?

And what's with Richelle? At 0:46, she states, "Growing up, all I wanted was to be Dance Captain, but I know I can be more." There are some scenes of her, including her standing in a gold costume, which looks like the shot has been taken just before or just after her Dancemania solo.

Another scene is Richelle practising a solo in Studio A, and we can see Henry in the background. There is also a shot of Richelle and Nick in the Studio A office, with Richelle facing Nick, who is ripping one of her Face of Absolute Dance posters. Perhaps he is trying to decrease her ego or break down her metaphorical walls, like what he attempted with Emily? Or maybe he is just being mean.

We were also told from the Q&A before the premiere that Richelle is going to be more emotional this season, especially in the second half, so we should be looking out for that.

And lastly, there is a rather unexpected shot of Richelle, at 0:48, where she is wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a black jumper, with her hair in a messy bun and drinking a smoothie or shake. She could be contemplating her decisions to go solo on Dancemania or even leave The Next Step.

Published On: Wednesday, 20th May 2020
Words: 393

A/N: Hey guys! How are you all! The next episode is coming out soon and we are the most excited! This might be our last theory as from now on, we'll be releasing episode theories! The episode 12 one should be with you shortly! ~ R&A