Theory 3 - Nick And Angela

Theory 3:

So we are all aware that Angela or 'Miss Angela' was a character in season 6, who came with her daughter Lily to fix the studio after Emily and Michelle were fired. They later left and started their own team- Encore Dance Studio. Fast forward, they lost regionals for stealing choreo, snitched on by none other than Lily herself. Lily returned to TNS and Angela was banned from Absolute Dance for a full year.

Nick, on the other hand, bought the studio out of nowhere since Emily couldn't afford to buy the studio alone. We don't know much about him, other than the fact that he bought the studio because 'he loves dance so much'. So what would this unlikely pair possibly be talking about?

In this promo trailer, Angela says to Nick at 0:16, 'You know it, Nate'. He knows what? Could she be referring to their potential plan to tear the team down from the inside? It must have been too good to be true when Angela seemed to be out of the picture. Does Lily know about this potential collaboration to take TNS down? If not, then how will she react to the news? How will A-Troupe react when they find out? They might think that Lily is only at The Next Step to take it down from the inside, and if so, that'll definitely cause some drama.

And what about Emily? We know that Emily doesn't forgive easily so why would Angela be in studio A's office? Perhaps she was busy helping B-troupe prepare for Nationals?

Although, for all we know, Angela could be trying to help Nick since Emily is so against the idea of Dancemania. So in this scenario, we have no idea whether Angela was lying or not when she was stripped of her evil past.

Angela also refers to him as either 'Nate' or 'mate'. If Nate is his real name, then why did he change it? Does he have some form of evil past, or double lifestyle? Or is Nate just his other name? If she said mate however, then are Nick and Angela friends? Or just partners-in-crime?

In addition to this theory that Nick is a double agent, there is footage in the white wall trailer below of Nick winking at the camera. It's also in the thumbnail, suggesting that it has some importance this season. Is this why?

Also, the season 7b trailer has just been released and Nick says to Angela, "TNS could really use your expertise at Dancemania, ever thought about coming on as a coach?" This is probably due to the fact that Emily's too busy with B-troupe to bother with Dancemania. Angela most likely accepts the offer, as she is seen walking into Studio A. Lily, however, doesn't look too pleased. She worked so hard to make friends and finally fit in at the studio, for all that to be taken away by her mother?

Published On: Wednesday, 13th May 2020
Words: 494

A/N: Hey guys, how is everyone? Hope that you are all doing amazing and aren't too bored! What do you think of these theories? How do you feel about the trailer? We dropped everything to watch it, and have started to get a good grasp on what the second half will be about! Looking forward to sharing our bizarre theories with you guys!
Lots of love,
R&A