::7::

Please please please comment. Even if it's just a reaction emoji 😘
_____________________
   "Steven Keaton's family?" The doctor said. They all stood up to talk. "Your father is awake."

   "Can we go see him?" Alex asked, holding Ellen's hand.

   "Yes. But be gentle," the doctor said. The group of people walked into the hospital room.

   "Steven," Elyse said in order to get his attention. He looked up and smiled at his family. Then, he saw Alex.

   "Alex," he said, sitting up, taking the wires connected to him with him.

   "Hi dad," he said, gently pushing him back onto his pillow and kneeling next to him. "There's someone I want you to see." Alex grabbed Ellen's hand and pulled her towards him and Steven smiled.

   "Ellen Reed. The one and only," Steven said, grabbing her hand in his own.

   "Hi Mr. Keaton," she replied. "I'm glad you're feeling better."

"Well you know. I am too," he said. Once all of the kids, and Nick, had said their hellos, Elyse sent them back into the waiting room so Steven could rest.

"What do you guys think we should do? We could go home and come back later now that he's awake but I don't really wanna leave him," Alex said, sitting down with his hand on his head. Ellen stood behind him, rubbing his shoulders.

"Let's wait a few minutes. See what mom says," Jennifer replied. Eventually, Elyse walked out of the room.

"He's asleep," she said.

   "Glad to hear it Mrs. K," Nick said.

   "You kids don't have to stay," Elyse said. "You've been here for two days."

"We really don't mind staying mom," Mallory said.

"Yeah," Andy said.

"Well why don't you guys go home and freshen up a bit, and then come back here tonight," she said. They all looked at each other agreed. They piled into their family car and Nick's car, and drove home. They walked in through the kitchen and Alex and Ellen both looked around, feeling nostalgic at the sight, remembering different events and moments that shaped their relationship.

   "We got caught making out over there," Alex said, pointing to a corner.

   "And there," Ellen said, pointing next to the table.

   "And here," Alex said, turning around and kissing her. They separated quickly and smiled.

"Alright. I'm gonna start some food," Jennifer said.

"I'll help you," Ellen said thoughtfully. Jennifer smiled.

"Okay!" Everyone else walked into the living room.

"So is my brother driving you crazy yet?" Jennifer asked, taking a pot out of a cabinet.

"Not yet, but it's only a matter of time," Ellen replied jokingly. In the other room, Alex and Nick we're trying to have a civilized conversation.

"Gee Alex I think you're reading too much into this," Nick said.

"My sister is staying at your apartment. I don't think I'm reading too much into it," Alex said to Nick. Mallory rolled her eyes.

"Alex you and Ellen live together," she said.

"Yeah but that's different," he said.

"How so?" Mallory asked cheekily. He thought about it.

"... We don't live within a ten minute drive of our parents house," he said. Mallory crossed her arms. "Look it's just because you're my little sister."

"It's fine Alex. Don't worry," she said. He leaned back, mimicking a small child who had lost a toy.

"Fine," he said. He tossed an arm around Andy and pulled him over, twisting him into his arms like a baby. "And what about you Andrew?"

"What about me?" He asked.

   "Let's see? Oh! What did you think about the stock market numbers last week?" Alex said. Andy squirmed our of his arms so he was sitting on the couch normally.

   "Personally I think they went up to quickly to last," Andy said, and Alex nodded.

   "I agree completely," he said. He then pointed to the door and began to whisper. "So what do you think of Ellen?"

   "She's really nice!" He said, and Alex smiled, ruffling his hair.

   "Well I'm glad you think so," he said. Alex walked in to the kitchen to see his girlfriend and sister finishing up the food.

   "Hey Alex," Jennifer said when she turned around and noticed him.

"Hey," he said. He walked over to Jennifer and jokingly jumped on her back, wrapping his legs and arms around her body, making her lean forward.

"Alex please," she said, laughing.  He hopped off of her back and walked over to where Ellen was stirring the boiling water. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

   "Alex quit the public display of affection," Ellen joked.

   "Never," he said, turning her around so they were just as close, but with Ellen facing Alex. She shook her head and rolled her eyes, still pressed against the counter space slightly.

   "Cut it out," Jennifer said from the side, taking a wooden spoon and waving it at them. Ellen and Alex looked at Jennifer, then looked back at each other, then back at Jennifer. They separated and walked towards her.

   "So Jenn," Alex started. "You got a boyfriend?"

   "No," Jennifer said, blushing deeply.

   "Are you sure about that?" Ellen asked.

   "Cause mom definitely mentioned you going on a date last week," he said teasingly.

   "Stop," Jennifer whined, covering her face with her hands. Ellen and Alex high-fived and left the girl alone. They finished making the food and everyone gathered in the kitchen to eat and talk.