𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER THREE,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER THREE,

turn to stone
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

ALYA SHOOK her roommate awake rather abruptly to have Angie groan in annoyance. Shoving the bright screen of her phone towards her face, she squinted over to see what was so important. "Why is Michael J. Fox following you on Instagram?" Remembering the exchange from yesterday, she groaned again to only hide her head into the pillow in an attempt to ignore the conversation. "Angie I leave you for five minutes and you have a celebrity follow you? How unfair! And after you left me with the crew manager, I didn't need to be scolded to that extent y'know."

"It just sort of happened. I didn't think he'd go through the trouble of finding me on Instagram," She explained, her face covered by the pillow to hide her peeved state during the exchange to not ruin her friend's excitement over this, "We got along pretty easily."

"She seems to say so casually."

Trying her best to focus on the tedious inventory assignment she'd been given for the day back at the studio, Angie continued to feel Alya over her shoulder in the storage area they were assigned to. The situation had not lessened since this morning and now followed them back onto the backlot well into the afternoon. "You gonna follow him back?" She asked her suddenly.

Whether this was out of boredom for the job they were given or her friend being nosy, Angie only smiled to her as she held the clipboard tightly in her hands. "Don't plan to, no." Finding herself walking through the halls of old set props, she sighed under her breath. Though she loved the nostalgia of being surrounded by film memorabilia, this wasn't exactly what she'd set out to do for herself here. Cramped in a warehouse doing nothing but cataloging instead of on a live studio set. "Christ we're not gonna get anywhere being stuck here."

"Need I remind you that is your fault considering you left when they assigned roles. Could've been in a proper screening room." Angie sighed deeply over this, practically ready to bang her head against the clipboard over her recklessness. Her friend shrugged with a small smirk. "Sure the celebrity interaction was worth it."

"If anything it's just as worse as this," Angie muttered under her breath, pulling out it a crate and tying her back to sift through the contents inside.

-ꦼ———▸

CALLING EVERYONE in on what was meant to be a meeting for the interns turned into several men simply standing before a podium awaiting for all the young adults attention to now be on them. "Right, considering most of you are trying to pursue a career in the film industry. There's some opportunities here accessible to those of you of you that work with us here at the studios to get a firsthand experience of the makings of an actual film." The man cleared his throat for a moment, Alya and Angie exchanging smirks to one another before continuing to listen. "We'll have them posted for you on the board for you to read. If you'd think your positions were competitive, I'd expect you to know these are just the very same. Some of them even involving working with the top actors of the business."