𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE,

is she really going out with him?╚═════════════

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

AWOKEN BY the persistent ringing of his phone on his bedside, Michael lifted his head up barely to see the caller ID on the screen. Reading out that it was Pete he decided to ignore it and continue to get some rest instead. Eventually the noise died down in the house, returning to its natural quiet state. Such, however, did not last for very long as his phone rang again.

Going to silence it, he caught it to Angie's name on the caller ID this time and smiled, his eyes still half-shut as he picked up the call. "Morning Ang—"

"You fall for this every time," Pete spoke instead on the other line with the laughter from behind only leading Michael to assume it was the girl in question.

He huffed under his breath annoyed to sit himself up in order to properly regain his focus. "Alright you've got my attention, Petey. What is it now?"

His manager covered the phone on the other line, Angie lifting her gaze away from the folder in her hand to catch his annoyance. Judging by the look alone meant that the actor slipped on having to meet with Pete this afternoon at Universal and extended her hand out before he had a fit about it. Handing her the phone and grabbing his things to get to picking him up, she continued on her work half-interested with the fiasco that was occurring. "You busy last night or something, why'd you sleep in?"

"Downey and Judd dragged me to a party again, stayed up too late I think," Michael explained, already knowing what she was to think of this, "I'm still going to the meetings. It's not because of any—"

"I know," She interrupted his sputtering apologetic manner with a kind smile. Knowing the attempts he had been making with his health, she was happy to see him dedicated on sobering up. They had this trust now that if he were to slip up, then she'd be the first to know and vice versa. From making attacks on the other's habits only a few months ago to both openly acknowledging them for their benefit was a giant leap of progress in their friendship. "But you've gotta start getting ready, Pete's gonna have a lecture for you if you're not."

Laughing over this he leaned back into his bed frame. "How red has he gotten?"

Angie turned back to him walking past her and adjusting his tie, silently cursing on his way through the office. "Three shades darker than crimson." Snickering over this herself she returned her focus onto the boy on the other line. "Heard it's some big thing. Must be at least, even Pete wouldn't give me the details on it."

"Does that mean you're not coming with?"

"Told you, very secret. Anyways I'm still fleshing out my own work and then I'm his right-hand woman with all the work in the offices. Busy, busy stuff," Angie explained, "Talk to you soon?"