𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER FOURTEEN,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER FOURTEEN,

it's not easy
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

BEING TOSSED A TABLOID this early in the morning wasn't exactly what Angie had hopped to be woken up to, but Alya obviously had different plans in mind. Thinking her friend to have completely gone mental this time, she silently lifted up the magazine towards her in order to read what she was trying to talk about. "Michael and you are the talk of the town apparently."

"They're probably also mentioning some mail-in to get a personal letter from Molly Ringwald. I don't think I'm gonna think too much about it." Peeking through to see the page of her with the boys had her not help to smile over the joy that was obvious in the photographs. She'd already heard an earful back home from her siblings over their own jealousy over the situation with their mother having a difficult time keeping them in San Francisco instead of running off to Los Angeles with her. Noticing the now captioned insinuations, however, of Michael and Angie secretly engaged only had her cringe again in distaste. "Especially with something like that as a story."

Alya sat alongside her in the bed amused. "Y'know, technically his manager let them run the story which means—"

"Ugh, I know what it means," Angie interrupted her to say over the slight truth behind the statement to which sent her friend into another fit of laughter. Switching on the television to settle onto MTV now playing a music video for Julian Lennon's Stick Around, Angie slowly came up along beside her to watch. Seeing, however, the video now including the infamous Michael J. Fox practically sent her into a fit again as she groaned over the sight.

Alya looked over to her with a wide-grin despite the exaggerations her friend was making. "Well, it's one way to get your foot in the door at least."

"Thanks for the positive outlook on this, but I don't exactly want to go up to a big room of executives to present them a script and then have them ask, Oh! That's right! You're one of Michael J. Fox's latest rumored crusades. Or was it Judd Nelson?" Angie explained to her with a sigh, "But press is press I guess."

She sat up beside Alya, tucking her knees towards her chest over the coming months that were planned out for the two of them. The internship was never meant to be permeant, leaving them still with another two months to actually be there. Angie didn't really mind leaving since she found her time there usually a waste as it was less of a learning experience at times and more of an errand run. Still, with it ending it left her more time to storyboard again and that was enough for her to look forward to the short time spent at Universal Studios to come to a close.

At the moment, the girls were working with their last set of crew for their internship being with the producers of Jaws: The Revenge. The last assignments were meant to pertain more towards the actual projection of career paths and since both were eager to be involved in producing and directing, they were placed in this position.