𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO,

when i need you
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

SITTING IN the bakery of the first shop she was visiting to go through wedding cake testing, Alya made it obvious to her over the popularity that hung over Angie like a cloud these days. Having scored herself a gig at Paramount Studios, even if it was part time for the time being, she'd been able to keep herself out of the loop of the drama her friend had gotten herself into.

Alya had heard of the details of the misadventures in New York both from Judd witnessing it and Angie having returning. Being preoccupied with her new job and progressing herself in her career she felt guilt for having not checked in on her sooner. The industry was large and neither of the girls could help the other continuously, especially with the schedules they were put on.

Her world didn't revolve around Angie as much as perhaps those around would assume. Though they had both come to the same studio they had their own paths to follow. Seeing her friend, however, be swallowed in her own drama by the actors that fawned over her Alya was quick to see her get the dreamy treatment of the business. She didn't mind being a small subject in her friend's story now, partly enjoying the lack of limelight on her. All she could do was listen and reason once her friend returned, which Angie gladly took.

Alya watched her as her friend eyed her annoyed over the knowing glances regarding the article that was put out about her. "I'm giving you an excuse to eat, I'll kick you out in a second."

"But the photo Angie!" Alya whined to have her sigh and set the fork down again, holding her hands into her lap to entertain the idea her friend seemed to be having. "Makes me wish I was there to hear that speech. Oh wait, it was also on television."

As much as everyone seemed to enjoy the idea of her having set aside her differences with Michael, she couldn't ignore the fact that by him admitting all of that was a bit much. Sure he had openly spoken her name with the long list of others, but she hardly thought she deserved any thanks to begin with. It was him doing something to tease her and Angie wasn't accepting of it completely. Angie had accepted that Michael depended on her and she was fine with this up to a point.

Eventually giving up with getting more from the story, Alya huffed out a breath to play with the slice of the cake in front of her she'd barely touched. "Fine, fine. You're still editing up the screenplay then?"

The mention of the story she'd finally finished the first draft for changed her mood completely. She set down her fork to earn a laugh out of Alya having caused for her to become so bubbly. "Yes god it's been worth the hassle, but I want everything to be perfect." She pointed over to her friend with a nod. "Once I'm through, you're getting a read through it first."