𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX,

never let me down again╚═════════════

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

GETTING READY to head out of the house he was just about to slip past Angie's watchful eye before Michael was caught in the midst of his hand just on the doorknob. "Michael, you have to film tomorrow morning, early," She reminded him and crossed her arms to heighten her authority, "Stay in, please."

"Well if you come you can keep an eye on me?" He raised a brow over the suggestion to see her become unchanged over the remark. "You're making a big deal out of nothing."

Stepping down to face him over trying to dismiss her warnings she still persisted with the argument. "Do you really think I don't notice you slip something into your coffee on break? I know for a fact you don't think I'm that idiotic." She shook her head to herself. "Not half as much as you are."

Dismissing the worry in her tone of voice over the amount of alcohol consumption he took Michael tried to make his way out before Angie shut the door to stop him. Looking down to the young girl not faltering in reasoning with him he decided to hear her out just a while longer. "You're getting worse," She tried to explain to him.

"You're one to talk."

"Say that again?" Shutting his eyes over the comeback Angie was now furious in front of him over the accusation. "And what are you trying to imply, exactly? Really Michael, share with the group."

Sighing deeply and decided to take a stand for her to acknowledge her own toxic behaviors he didn't hesitate in sharing with her. "How many packs of cigarettes do you smoke a day?"

Feeling the phrase he said to be all too familiar by various other individuals in her past, Angie kept herself at a greater height to not seem exposed by him. "Don't try to take this away from you."

"Well maybe I should," Michael said and laughed over her display, "Always one to point out my flaws but never yours. That makes you a hypocrite you know."

"You have a problem."

He rolled his eyes and opened the door. "You coming or not?"

Still being bothered by the way they talked to one another she didn't move from her place. Dismissing her appearance, he continued to wait by the doorway nonetheless for a response. "I can't, Ryan wants me to call—"

Upon hearing the name of her fiancé, Michael shook his head noticeably bothered and didn't care to hide it as he usually did. "You're still entertaining that."