𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR,

only a fool would say that╚═════════════

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

ANGIE HAD KNOWN RYAN for over 7 years with the majority of that time having been spent in a relationship. He was her first boyfriend, one that was kept a secret from her parents for a time until she turned 18 to be able to justify the age gap. She didn't wonder what it would be like to date someone else other than him. In her mind, the idea of having to date someone closer to her age felt like a hassle.

Ryan was quiet, mature, kept to himself. As she watched others around her enjoying the music in the nightclub she cringed at the thought. Angie would be content back home with her dog and him only to go to bed before 10. Alya often told her she was missing out on her youth because of this but she held onto what Ryan had told her instead, ignoring her friend's worries.

Currently she was seated in the private booth held just by being in association with the Michael J. Fox. Going on her third cigarette and continuing to drink her water her thoughts returned back to the group as she was urged to dance by Tracy. Shaking her head the blonde let out a groan for her to laugh over the noise she made. "C'mon, save the act for a poetry club or something. Give me at least one dance."

Giving her a look, Angie sighed to put out the cigarette into the ashtray to take her hand. "Just the one. Maybe even only half of one." Only happy to have her along she leaned into her arm to lead her along to the crowded floor.

Distracted by those around her she looked ever so often around for the individual who had brought her here in the first place. Having forgotten she was here to babysit she searched the faces around her for the boy in question.

Michael, watching her search the crowd for him, leaned against the railings looking down to the dance floor with a smile. The music had switched from the disco tune into another synthpop number which he saw caused for Tracy to bring her attention away again. Her smile was contagious even from where he stood as his cheeks strained from smiling along with her.

Wanting to join her felt like an intrusion on his part. Like he was disrupting something sacred, untouchable. Roughly he was brought back to the group around him with Kiefer laughing over his state. Hanging off of his shoulder he waved the bottle in his hand over to the girl in question. "You're whipped, sir. You've gotta get over yourself she's married."

"I'm aware," He told him, shooting a glare over his lack of composure.

Judd coming up on his other side laughing with his friend did nothing to assist the situation. With both of them hanging on him his shoulder hung over the dragging weight. However from the three clearly running on their own highs from the club it didn't affect him much other than being an annoyance. "You're living together, you see her everyday, I'm surprised you haven't pushed it a little further. Not like she's really married, only halfway." Judd gave him a rough pat on the shoulder and handed him his half empty drink. "Can't kick yourself over your own loss."

Putting a hand on his shoulder he watched him go over to Angie and Tracy happily welcoming them to their group. Was he supposed to be doing something? The idea of having Angie was one thing but having to go through these hurdles to get there was another. She didn't want him, she made that painfully here. Angie could barely stand being with him as long as she did from his viewpoint. She was his job, that's all.

Michael looked up to Judd dancing with her, the smile radiating even from where he stood now. He wished he could have her smile like that. Every time he was able to it felt like his luck had finally gone through. As the actor went through these various thoughts in his head, Judd looked up to his friend briefly before leaning down to whisper to the other beside him.

Following him sharing something with her, Angie looked up to Michael herself. Seeing him quickly look away she laughed under her breath to look back over to Judd smirking beside her. "Real mature what you're doing."

"Well we're all friend here aren't we?"

Friends? She doubted that quickly. Her and Alya were friends, that was true. The boys? Michael? This whole list of actors around her now? She barely fit inside their world whenever they let her in. It made her wonder how much of a culture shock it'd been had she wanted to ever pursuing acting instead of sitting in a writer's room.

Nodding back to Judd as he said she continued to move along with the beat, playing her part. "Absolutely, you're right."

"Can I cut in?" The two turned to Michael who had gotten up the courage to leave his post finally and now staring directly to Angie.

Cheerily he clapped a hand on his shoulder. "She's all yours my friend," He told her before waving a finger to Angie, "Play nice."

Making a face towards him over the joke she still grew tense with Michael in front of her. It wasn't that she necessarily meant to do this. Being with him was different than the others. There was a different air to it, a different behavior. "You wanna head home?" She looked back up to him saying this surprised as he laughed, taking out a pack of cigarettes from his jacket pocket to wave in front of her, "I can be a good boy— it's not so hard to believe."

Not helping to laugh over this phrasing she pulled out a cigarette to twirl in her fingers before nodding in agreement. "Whatever you wanna keep telling yourself." From within the heart of the crowd in the dance floor she walked ahead, being blocked every now and again before feeling Michael's hand on her back to help her out.

Eventually with weaving through the rest of the club and cameras that had caught their entrance now catching their exit, the pair made it into their car with only the sounds of the city filling their heads. Lowering the window Angie began searching for her lighter before looking over to see Michael with his.

Watching him light his cigarette he looked over for her to give a silent reply. Blocking the air from losing the flame he lit the end for her, having Angie feel his eyes on her as she cracked a smile. "Can I help you?" She told him, blowing the smoke out the window as she addressed him.

He shook his head, smiling to himself over his own imagination toying with him. Michael could smell her perfume even with the smell of the cigarettes coming into the car. There was no denying it at this point, everyone was right. "It's probably nothing." Seeing her turned to the direction out the window he tilted his head to her with interest. "Are we friends?"

Angie turned back to him and cracked a smile he could tell was more out of sympathy than anything genuine. "No, but we're getting there."

A/N
they're in love your honor 😭 anyways the manipulation ryan has with having been older than angie is part of her development later on because aha he should NOT have been pursuing her but she didn't understand what was going onnn. going to continue this ryan hate more so coming up so 🤭 much love and see you soon xx
~j.s.