PROLOGUE

HELL'S KITCHEN

I sat perched on the roof of a building in a sniping position waiting for my target to arrive. I had been hired to kill a rival crime lord of Fisk. Even though he's in prison, he has men working for him in the prison. That's how deep his pockets are. Kingpin wanted me to kill a captain in the Maggia crime syndicate. And when I'm hired...I succeed. My enhanced hearing picked up on a voice bearing the exit of a building. "You tell Hammerhead, that he'll get his drugs. If he keeps asking, I'm gonna make life more difficult for him." A man said walking out of the building with a cigar in his hand. "Man. You're just talk. Ain't nobody stupid enough to go against Hammerhead." Another said waving him off. "You don't think I could take Hammerhead?" The captain asked. "Hell no! Kingpin can't even take Hammerhead." The other countered. "Kingpin is nothing but a schmuck. And so is that hired gun of his. That Reaper dude that Kingpin is always bragging about. He don't scare me." He said. "Really?" I whispered to myself. "Well, that's about to change." I stated. Kingpin told me to kill him. He didn't say how. He just wanted him dead. I stood up and grabbed the sniper rifle. I stuffed in a nearby case before walking to the edge of the roof peering down at the Captain below. I grabbed a throwing star and accurately threw it into one of the men's eye. He collapsed to the ground already dead. "What the hell?!" The others shouted looking around. "Who's out there?! Come out! Don't be shy! We just wanna talk!" Captain said. I walked off the roof and landed on top of a car below in front of the group of men. The men fired the weapons at me and vaulted off the vehicle landing behind a man before slamming knife into his throat. I ripped the blade out before running at the next person. I jumped to a wall bouncing off as I unsheathed a katana and decapitated a man before landing on my feet in front of the Captain.  "Y-You don't scare me." He said. I twirled the katana in my hand before sheathing it. He grabbed a pipe and swung at me. I grabbed it and yanked it out of his hand before breaking his arm. He let out a scream before I cut it off slamming the barrel of my pistol into his under jaw and firing. His brains splattered onto the brick wall behind him. A smile worked it's way onto my face before I grabbed a grenade and threw it into the van backed into the Maggia drug house. The building exploded as I walked across the street and jumped to the roof retrieving my gear. I pressed a finger to my ear. "What?" A voice asked. "It's Reaper. Tell Fisk the Maggia will be looking for a new Captain." I said before ending the call and heading home.