Chapter 5

I set Natasha down before looking behind us to look at the raging Hulk. "Nat, I need you to run." I said grabbing escrima sticks by my side. "What? You can't fight him. You'll get killed." She said. "Wasn't asking for your permission, Sweetheart." I stated before shoving her away. I combined the escrima sticks into a staff and was preparing to to strike before a blur smacked into the not-so-jolly green giant. Hulk was sent through the wall. I looked through shredded hole in the wall and found it led into the cargo bay. I spotted Thor on his knee looking up at Hulk. He held his arm out as I stepped into the cargo bay and brushed myself off. Hulk bore down onto Thor before Thor's hammer flew into his hand and he swung it into Hulk knocking him back. Thor looked over at me. "I've got this. You go help the others!" He shouted. I nodded my head before running off.

I ran down corridors before reaching the main floors. I met a suited up Stark. "Hey, Asshole. Go see if you can be of use and help me and the old man." He stated as the gold face-plate dropped down covering his face. "Where?" I questioned as he contained down the hall. "Engines." He answered before he blasted out the destroyed window and flew outside. I closed my eyes and listened intently. "Stark! I can really use your help right now!" Cap shouted from outside. "On my way." Stark said. I followed the sound of the Captain's voice and soon found myself standing before a gaping hole in the ship. A man was firing at Rogers before Cap lost his footing and slipped. I ran at the soldier before grabbing the back of his neck and flipped him over my shoulder before spinning around and drop kicking him off the ship. I looked over at Cap and climbed to him. "Give me your hand!" I yelled stretching my hand out so he could grab it. "I can't reach it!" He shouted. "Cap, hit the lever." I heard Stark say. "I need a minute here!" Rogers yelled. "Lever, now!" Stark exclaimed as I grabbed Rogers' hand and pulled him up to me. Gunfire ricocheted off the metal grated floor. "Uh-oh." Stark stated through the comm. "Help!" Stark shouted as I pulled out my gun and fired at the soldier. Cap pulled the lever as the soldier ducked behind cover. I fired the gun multiple times until the pistol clicked empty. "Great." I said before the soldier poked his head around the corner and fired the rifle. I ducked before covering Cap. The man fired as the bullets hit my back. Rogers looked at me with shock at the bullet wounds. "I know. I know. I got a haircut." I voiced before a metal clang sounded behind us. I stood up and turned around to see Stark on the ground next to the unconscious soldier. "I say that went pretty well." I stated before Rogers looked at me and shook his head with a sigh. "Too soon?" I asked.