CHAPTER 3

I entered a room to find Fury and other people in a room with a mystical gold weapon. They were conversing with one another. "Where is he?" I asked announcing my presence. "Starting to wonder if it was a good idea for you to be on my ship." Fury said. I smirked. "Well...I'm sure you'd rather it be me than someone you don't know." I said with a shrug. I looked over at Captain Rogers. "Captain. Big fan." I said giving him half-assed salute. He returned a nod. "I'd say the same thing but you're a cold-blooded killer." He stated. "We can't all be Mr. Perfect, now can we?" I asked sarcastically. I walked to Fury. "Loki. Where is he?" I asked again. He stared at me in silence. "Okay. Would it ease your mind knowing that I won't kill him? Hmm? Because I kid you not. I'm only here to do my job that you asked of me. If you didn't need my assistance then you wouldn't have ask me. So either you let me do my job or I'll make yours difficult." I said jabbing a finger into his chest. "Gee. I don't know who I find more intimidating. You or him?" Stark stated pointing between me and Fury. "Agent Romanoff, please escort Mr. Reeds to our guest." Fury said refusing to break away from our staring contest. "Mr. Reeds, if you will, follow me." Romanoff voiced. "Of course. See Nick? Was that so hard?" I asked with a smile patting his arm as I turned around and followed Romanoff out the room. 

"I'm surprised he didn't shoot you on the spot." Romanoff said looking at me. "Yeah. Well. If he did...all that would have done was get me angry. And it's bad enough that your harboring a man that turns into a giant green rage monster. The last thing you need is one seemingly unkillable assassin in a ballistic rage." I said with a sigh. "Were you always like this?" She asked. "What? A freak of nature?" I answered. "No." I added. We reach the detention cell and I entered. "And who are you supposed to be?" Loki asked. "Not your friend, that's for sure. Believe me, Ass-gardian. I don't have any. They're all dead." I spat examining his cell. "You poor man." Loki said mockingly. "Oh shut up! Word is...you abducted and brainwashed one of their top agents. They aren't too happy about that. So...they hired me to get his location." I explained tapping on the glass. The floor below the cell opened with a blast of air. "Ooh. Nice touch. Well...not really. My guess. You touch. You drop falling like Icarus when he flew too close to the sun." I said with a smirk. "You're not like the others." Loki pointed out. "No. I'm not. You see, I'm a hired gun. A mercenary and the world's best assassin. I kill people for a living. Well, certain bad people, you know? Like crime lords, sex traffickers, terrorists, and many others. Think of me as an exterminator for criminals." I said. "Where's Barton?" I asked immediately afterwards. "You think me a fool to give his location so easily?" He asked. "Actually, I was hoping it would be difficult. It makes it more fun for me." I said looking at the control station. "I'm guessing this big button sends you to the deepest darkest pit of Hell, am I correct? So if I press it, the God of Mischief now lives in Hel, right?" I asked. "Are you threatening me, mortal?" He asked standing to his feet. "What's wrong? Worried?" I asked. "Mortals don't scare me." He countered. "I'm no mortal. And I scare everyone." I growled. "It's part of the reason why they call me Reaper. Because everyone fears death." I finished getting in his face. The nearly indestructible glass being the only thing between us. "I don't fear death, Reaper. I welcome it." He said with a chuckle. "Good. Then you should have no problem with me pressing this button." I said going to press the button. "Wait!" He shouted. ""What? I thought you welcome death?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. He glared at me. "Barton is a place I know not where. But he's on standby." He said vaguely. "Surely, you can come up with something better than that." I said my hand hovering over the button. "It's pointless. He's already on his way." He said taking a seat." He said turning away. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Why should I tell you? I don't want to ruin the surprise." He said smirking. I stormed out of the room and headed upstairs.