Chapter Four- Batty

Brunch? Check. Rehearsal? Check. Rent? Check. I was in my car, driving to Daddy and Iantha's house, playing music by Michael Fronte and Spearhead. Their music is good, and I especially like "Sound of Sunshine" and "Say Hey I Love You". (A/N: Seriously, go check his stuff out. It is AMAZING!!) Pulling into the driveway, I saw Lydia and her friend Tzina sprawled out on the porch, doing homework, and trying to prevent Bear from eating the fruit salad they had. I climbed out and gave Lydia one of my inspections. She smiled and broke it off short by giving me a hug.

"You're back! Is Jeffery here?"

"No. He has... work to do." I hadn't told my family about The Date, and I had no plans to unless someone asks. Waving to Tzina, I walked inside. Iantha was in the kitchen, wearing tattered jean overalls and had a bandana tied around her fiery red hair. Daddy walked in, and he was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, both splattered with paint and grout. I looked down at my outfit- new jeans and a spotless hoodie. Iantha smiled.

"We'll get you something more suitable. Ellista has been staying here for the last few days, helping, and you two are about the same size." Ellita walked in.

"I heard my name?"

"I need to borrow some clothes." I said, and returned the flying hug she gave me. "Hi 'Lita"

"Batty! I forgot ou were helping us. But I'm glad you are."

"Where's Ben?" Ellita and Ben were dating, and had been the past three years. Ben had asked me a few times before if I thought Ellita would say "yes" if he proposed, and I heard that he already has the ring, but Ben keeps chickening out. 

"Upstairs, getting the painting stuff ready." She tugged on my pinkie a little. "Come on! We have a lot to do." I laughed and followed her upstairs. Ellita was quirky, and always had tons of great quips. She had the energy of a child, but we all loved her. Ellita walked into Rosy's room, where she slept whenever she visited, since it was the largest, seconded only by the master bedroom, where Iantha and Daddy slept. She tossed a pair of old, faded shorts and an old t-shirt at me. "Here, try these." I walked into my old room and put on the clothes. I walked out and raised an eyebrow at Ellita. We may have the same size, but some of her clothing choices were questionable. For example, she had a strange obsession with jean shorts that could double as underwear, and bathing suits that resembled lingerie.

"Really Ellita? These?" I plucked at the hem of the shorts. She giggled a little.

"Sorry."

"No you're not." She smiled.

"Maybe only a little. But you look good. You have great legs." I smacked her. She pretended to stagger, then walked into the bathroom, her ponytail swinging. Sighing, I followed her. Ben was crouching on the floor, pouring paint into a tin. Or, whatever you called it. I didn't paint, at all. I picked up a rolling brush, and dabbed it in the paint. Ben sighed, and grabbed my hand. He showed me how to do it properly, which took an embarrassing amount of time. We had painted three walls of the bathroom when I had to leave to babysit Nicole and Owen. I walked down the street to Rosalind and Tommy's place, where I was practically tackled by two overly energetic four year olds. 

"Aunt Batty, can we have macaroni?"

"No, I want pizza."

"Wait, no, chocit cake!"

"Yeah! Chocit cake!"

"Woah, guys, slow down. I think your dad made you pizza rolls for dinner."

"I don't like pizza rolls. I want macaroni!" Owen ran away, shouting for his mom. I sighed, and looked down at Nicole. She placed her hands on her hips and pursed her lips.

"Boys." She shook her head, as if disappointed. I smiled.

"Tell me about it. Now, let's go make some pizza rolls."

^^^^^^^^^^

Authors Note

So, I really don't want anyone to think that Ellita is a slut, because she isn't, she just dresses like one sometimes. Sometimes. 

QOTD: What is your favorite dessert (candy does count, in case anyone is wondering) Mine is my grandma's cheesecake. Your turn!

Comment, vote, and tell me what you think

Lots of love,

Sammie K